Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you working on at the moment?

• 30-09-2006 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭

Sort of need cheering up in a film way, so what projects are people working on?

I had 3 projects in various stages of production.

1.First a simple Short I'd finished filming 2 weeks ago, editing last week and am now working on sound. (which is a pain.) Nothing amazing, just something to get in practice since I havnt done any proper filming since june.

2. A short that was meant to go into production tomarrow, a bit more creative a bit more ambitous, but the actors involved pulled out tonight. Hence me needing cheering. They pulled out tonight. The assholes, i had already spent money on getting props costumes and a location, I put alot of effort into this piece.

EDIT: I've decided to screw them, I'm rewriting the piece to have only one character and not three, it's going to be completely different to my original layout but I refuse to be stalled by petty little f*cks like that.

3. A final short in this exercise trilogy which is in pre-production, the treatment is done, all I need is a location. Sadly the location I was going to use is in the backyard of one of my actors....the same one who just screwed me over tonight, So i got the feeling that its not going to be available anymore.

So what films you guys doing? please someone have a positive story about their work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

Finishing up the editing on two corporate videos (hint: ads) for a hotel chain in Dublin who were so pleased with a film I made for their hotels, they sent me down to Kerry, all expenses paid to make two more for properties they own down there.

Once I'm done with these, I'll be getting paid good money (but pittance as far as professional work goes - this sort of stuff would cost them 10k+ if they went to a production company). Not bad for a guy just out of film production school.

It's great, they give me the script, music and general idea of what they want and I do the rest. I am director, producer, camera man, editor. I put together a small crew (sound guy and presenter) and then I'm off. (Hopefully this experience will be a good stepping stone to more, better paid work. Now I have to decide will I go freelance or will I get a steady job with a production company....)

Being your own boss is great :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Currently I'm sorting out the audio for my second short. It's looking well and am just hoping to get a decent sound mix done on it before I send it off to Kerry.

I'm also working on a 15 min script which I'm hoping to submit for funding in November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭sonic juice

working on remaking a Bollywood film called Nagin Jogi [a myth about snakes that transform into women}with the integration of a Hamlet structure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I'm rewriting a script I did a few months ago that I changed for theatre and now have to change back again. ARGH! My friends are doing it all professionally and they want my script...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Storytellers

Currently working on a doco on the day in the life of Dublin city - and i need your help - have a look at The Great City thread on this board.

• Advertisement
Advertisement