Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers on TV-AM

Options
  • 30-09-2006 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone else watch Transformers on TVAM (UTV/ITV) back in the day when it first came out over here (probably around 1985)?

IIRC, it was a maddening way to watch the show. An episode would be split up on the Roland Rat show so it lasted a week and to compound things they would keep saying stuff like "Transformers coming up" even when it was usually the last thing they showed for the day!

This was before most of us had things like VCRs so you had to be sitting at your tv waiting for the latest little chunk of an ep to begin.

Worse still I'd have to leave early for school a distance away so I'd invaribly end up missing it only to have exciting accounts of todays part recalled to me by the other kids who lived near to the school and were able to stay home long enough to watch! :mad:

Honestly with all out technology they wouldn't get away with presenting a show like that today. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

can't say i remember it clearly, but i do remember watching it as a youngin on UTV. 1985 was the year of my birth, ye'see :)
    (good year to be born tbh!)

Advertisement