Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Memory card HELP!!!

• 30-09-2006 10:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭

Hi,when i was putting songs onto my phone i saw about 20 files some of which are 100mb on my memory card,when i went to delete them it says "cannot read from source of file" and wont let me delete them.The files haven't been there before and only appeared when i deleted a few songs from my phone.So can anyone tell me how to delete them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

format the card. there might be an option on the phone but it doesn't do it properly in my experience. you should put it in a digital camera or find someone with a usb memory card reader to do it. what type of card is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

its a memory stick pro duo 1gb,how do i format the card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

thomasjad wrote:
    its a memory stick pro duo 1gb,how do i format the card?
    as i said, you have to get your hands on a card reader like this one:
    http://www.meritline.com/usb2-to-all-in-1-card-reader-writer.html

or put it in a digital camera or a psp. if you know someone with a psp, this is how you format the card in one:

1. Push the little HOME button on the bottom left of the face of the unit.
    2. Use the arrow keys to move to the SETTINGS area, then move the up and down keys until you get to System Settings.
    3. Once you are there, click on the "X" button and scroll up and down as needed to find Format Memory Stick. Click on "X" again to select that option.
    4. The Sony PSP will now confirm that you want to reformat the memory stick (which removes every file and game save thereon, of course): choose yes and it'll format in just a few seconds.

or the phone itself might do it. i found that my 6230 didn't format a card properly but a sony phone might do it. look around for an option to do it

Advertisement