Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Ammo for Mosquito

Options
  • 30-09-2006 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    just wondering if anyone has got their hands on the Sig Mosquito.
    If so, what low velocity ammo are ye using?
    High velocity seems fine in it, but the low velocity brands I've used, ELEY, REMINGTON, WINCHESTER, AND LAPUA MASTER. don't perform too well.

I've only put about 1000 rounds through it, so it might be just wearing in still. Tried both springs etc. From what I've read on the net this is a common problem, but usually rectified when you use the right ammo.

Cheers

Mc Guiver

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

cci's dude and use the stronger spring ,they are a bit tempermentel when it comes to ammo also give it a good oiling,biggest problems are when peole get them and straight to the range and start giving ftf's due to the fact they dont degrese them first,best way to clean them internally is a bottle of wd40 and a compressor with an air gun and a light based oil to finish.There's no need to dismantle the top slide any further than removing it from the gun itself,there is a knack to doing it but if your not sure leave well alone the wd40 and the air gun will do it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

Cheers for the reply,
    Stripped and cleaned already.
    Do you know anyone stocking cci's?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭flight93

Mini mags are gret. Low velocity and not greasy. But to be honest it is a poor quality gun unlike all of the other sigs. Everyone that has one tells you its great and never jams, but every time I see someone shoot one it seems to jam. There are lots of quality .22 pistols out there that dont jam but they dont look as cool!

Advertisement