Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi dashboard lighting question

Options
  • 30-09-2006 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

This would apply to any mid-late 90s Audi at least, two of my back-lights have blown including one for the speedo (at the low end). There are two types of light fittings I think - one is for the warning lights & the other for the dial illuminations. I need to know which type of bulb is for back-lighting, rather than pull the whole facia to check.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Two options: The more likely type would be these (which come complete with the plastic holder, which is of a slightly larger diameter than it looks in the photo):

8-2721bulb.jpg

Less likely are these, available with or without the holder, (these are larger than the first type):

8-2321bulb.jpg

Your friendly local motor factor will have ample amounts of both, and afaik they are of standard wattage. I'd get a few of each, as you may find that one or two bulbs are blackened, and dim as a result, when you remove the fascia for a look.

R.

edit:/ actually the larger one is more likely used for illumination rather than indication, in the case of more modern stuff at least :)

Advertisement