Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leak

Options
  • 30-09-2006 3:38pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A washer/dryer was installed in my flat yesterday. Unfortunately, it was incorrectly done and caused a leak that damaged the shop below me. There was a steady drip coming from the valve that the washing machine hose thing was attached to. John Lewis (who installed it, and who I bought it from) sent out a plumber this afternoon. He changed the valve that the washing machine was attached to and said the problem was fixed. An hour later, I noticed that the original valve is still dripping. I rang John Lewis again, but they haven't rung me back. Any advice as to what I can do?

I don't have a direct number for the correct department in JL, in fact, I don't even know what the correct department is. I'm entirely dependant on them ringing me back.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

John Lewis plumber came out and capped it off, so it should be okay now...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

All's well that ends well, unless of course the shop down below are looking for a few quid compo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Aye, they wanted my insurance details, but my dad sorts all that out so it doesn't bother me right now.

Advertisement