Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water damaged SE K300

• 30-09-2006 3:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi guys, a few weeks ago my K300 stopped charging. I brought it back (six months old) for repair, and it came back saying it was unrepairable? and they refused to replace it, saying it was water-damaged.

What I was wondering is, how much water is water damage? I didn't drop it in the jacks, or anything like that. It just sounds like a spurious excuse.

Thanks for any help.

Mods-if this should be in the consumer forum, sorry for my ignorance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

A drop of water landing on the circuitry is liquid damage (which is the term they would have used, not water damage).

Can you anything from condensation from leaving on a window sill, talking on the phone in the rain etc. They should have included a picture of the damaged part. If not, you are within your rights to demand that they prove it is liquid damaged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

This liquid damage issue seems to be one of the most talked about things in here and consumer issues. It's unfortunate, but phones are quite sensitive to water.
    People think that because they're mobile, they can resist things like weather but it's not the case. Texting in the rain can damage a phone. So can using your phone or having it near while cooking, or another thousand everyday things.
    Water damage can sometimes be fixed, but sometimes it can't.
    People seem to think it's just an excuse repair companies use, but they bill the manufacturer for their work, so they really couldn't care less.

Advertisement