Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-Standard IDE Cable

Options
  • 30-09-2006 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

I am trying to connect a DVD writer as a slave to a hard disk drive. The problem is the drive bays in the PC are pretty full and the slave part of the std IDE cable won't reach the DVD drive from the HDD. Are there any non-std IDE cables or extensions I could use to accomplish this. Moving stuff around will not help as I have another 2 DVD drives in there working of one cable(master and slave).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You could put the dvd writer in an external USB enclosure. IDE cable extensions or extra long ones are available also I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You can buy longer cables, i presume the 1 you have is 45cm, you can get 60cm. Komplett don't have any on their website (only fancy uv for E24) try peats or maplin.

Edit: had a second look, they have 1 for E17, see if it suits: http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.asp?bn=10168

Advertisement