Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panini Uk Comics aka UK reprints Of US comics

Options
  • 30-09-2006 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

does anyone collect any of the panini collecters editions?
    i collect avengers united,essential x-men, and ultimate spider-man/x-men.
    essential is getting very good, the first issue of joss whedon's astonishing x-men was printed last month and it was brill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I've collected Astonishing Spider-Man for ten years, I haven't an issue! I also get Essential X-Men, FF Adventures and Avengers United. I like getting three issues in each reprint, it's why I continue to buy them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 playwert

Mr. K wrote:
    I've collected Astonishing Spider-Man for ten years, I haven't an issue! I also get Essential X-Men, FF Adventures and Avengers United. I like getting three issues in each reprint, it's why I continue to buy them!

are you on the message boards at www.paninicomics.co.uk ? there actually quite good..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Demondaze

I've been getting Essential and Astonishing since both were at issue 20 and I still regularly pick up most of the current titles, except when they're only reprinting comics I've picked up myself in single-issue form.

They're a great format, pretty good value for money and useful for reprinting the classics as well as the more contemporary stuff.

They'll always have a special place in my heart; responsible as they are for turning me into the big 'ol comic book geek I am today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

do u get ultimate spider-man/x-men? twas fantasic this month

new essential x-men out today......was amazing WHEDON IS A GENUIS!!!!
    and so is Cassidy,who becuase of Whedons involvement with the astonishing x-men comic,is often ignored........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I collect a few of them, but mainley for the classics storys, I buy the graphic novels for the up to date stuff.

the avengers classics printed in avengers united are VERY strong at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Avengers United is very good atm indeed, the george perez classics especially. I imagine they'll reprint some of the John byrne issues soon (back when he was a good artist)

I buy mighty world of marvel now and again. the Gene colan daredevils were pretty good, class art and I liked the stupidity and insanity of the Herb Trimpe Hulk issues.
    I see they're running a rather shoddy Blade series in it right now. When I saw the cover I had hoped it would be classic 70's issues of Tomb of Dracula but no, its some horrible 90's atrocity.

mwom could get very good in the next yr or so,as house of m is coming up and there are ALOT of tie ins that wont all get printed in the normal ces,so at panini comics formus we are assuming they [some of them]willl be prnited in mighty world of marvel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Call_Me,Stan

I used to think that these were really good until I saw the German versions. They had a more attractive layout, fairly up-to-date stories and even covered single character stories like Colossus bloodline. The only drawback: They're in German.

• Advertisement

thats what the allies said when they saw hitlers texts..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I wish Essential X-Men and Avengers United printed more individual character's adventures!

well au print the [rather crap] tales of asgard storys...which are kinda thor storys.........

ess has not enough room for half the modern issues,never mind the classics!

Advertisement