Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you were a member of the opposite sex how would you wear your hair?

• 30-09-2006 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

Pighead was just sitting at work checking out one of the Polish chicks lovely hairdo. Thought to myself "That'd look nice on you Pighead, why don't you get it done like that?" Then I realised society wouldn't approve and I'd be ostracised from society. And my dad would probably thump me.

If you could have a hair cut of the opposite sex's style what would you go for and why?
    Pighead would have his hair done like Dido because its a great style, i'd guess its quite easily manageable and its really shiny.
    http://tobyinkster.co.uk/Images/music/dido_pic.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

You know Sinead O'Connor?

Well, the exact opposite of her. Long, shiny, straight and with no dye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

on my head.
    Cracking answer, just the tiniest hint of vagueness about it though. Any particular style you'd prefer or would you just like the hair to be dolloped onto your head and lie which ever way the wind decided?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

long long ponytail, sexiest way imho

I'd wear mine like yours pighead ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Come on now Pighead, don't lie to us. We all know you're a big fan of the mullet. Who isn't? It's good for both sexes. :)

Tristrame wrote:
    I'd wear mine like yours pighead ;)
    Are you a girl Tristrame? Pighead thought that you were a male. Or are you a male and you're post is merely insinuating I have girlie hair? Either way Pigheads shocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Probably the same as I've got it now, long and sometimes in a ponytail.

Ruu wrote:
    Come on now Pighead, don't lie to us. We all know you're a big fan of the mullet. Who isn't? It's good for both sexes. :)
    Ah indeed Ruu. That brings me back alright. You could say, the day the mullet went out of fashion was the day that style finally died.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Pighead, seriously, are you trying to tell us something? Do you want to be a woman? That's cool with us open-minded Boardsies.
    Short. Very short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Hmm..probably shoulder length, straight and shiny..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Very strange.....

Pigman II wrote:

The first one without doubt gets the thumbs up from me. I like the juxtaposition of short Versus Long. And you can see by the way she's smiling that she's 100% happy with the do. 8/10

Second one I'm not so happy about. She doesn't look happy in herself, probably because the hair looks like its painted on with turpentine or possibly shoe polish. 3/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Probably would just put it in a ponytail, or something simple like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Dyed black and probably the same length it is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I'm a sucker for that perm (?) that Katie Melua has...so prolly one of them.

Karoma wrote:
    Pighead, seriously, are you trying to tell us something? Do you want to be a woman? That's cool with us open-minded Boardsies.
    Short. Very short.

Nope Pigheads quite happy being the handsome hulk of a man that he is. Its just that sometimes when I take a step back from my chest beating machoness I stop to admire the magic and wonder of the female form.

And on occasion I wonder what it would be like to be in possession of their bits and bobs. Oh and Pighead has a sneaky feeling that Karoma isn't an open minded boardsie.

All I'm feeling here is stuffy, high horsed, grumpiness. But maybe thats just the rain that has me thinking like that.
    Happy Saturday buddy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Probably like Kneau Reeves in the second Matrix. Natural and dark with no hair colouring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Well let's see now, Ive just returned from a trip to the barber.. local shop, shaved, No.6 blade all round (barber suggested a five at the sides but i politely refused) 2.50 euro tip. Sensible and easy to manage

NOW.. back in the day i used to have long hair (boo!) but lets be honest long hair sucks on blokes however its quite acceptable on chicks. Short hair is pretty nice on some of de burds too. So if i was a burd, it'd have to be short, maybe slightly spiky or soemthing. It deffo wouldnt be a bob (I'm sorry ladies but it looks crap..yes, even on you)

Major no-no's:
    De young wans who think they're all hip and no-disco-trendy with a big high fringe, you actually look like frankenstein :)

Blokes with pony tails. Cop yourselves on, to quote twink

And dont get me started on blokes with hair-do's like the village idiot look doing the rounds at the moment. Or when the Oasis inspired lambchops-down-the sides-fringe on the top thing was in...idiots walking around looking like the f***ing birmingham six.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Longish. Like the way Johnny Depp's hair is most of the time (Sleepy Hallow comes to mind). Probably dark brown or black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

flaming red and curly down to the crack of my ass ... windswept and mystical ... with a lustrous sheen and a honk of that apple shampoo that you don't get anymore but was very popular in the early 90's ... woodleigh green or something it was ... sniff ... sniff

is this saying too much ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Endasaurus

Dido's hair all the way!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I'd wear it short & tousled - that kind of just out of bed look that Brad Pitt had perfected for a while but with dark hair...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

long and bright pink. Like the missus' hair. Hang on a minute...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Wait a minute, Pighead and Pigman II are different people? :confused:

Is there a Pigman I? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Shoulder length with a flick, that or chin length.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Pighead wrote:
    If you were a member of the opposite sex how would you wear your hair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I don't like long hair on guys, many of them just do not know how to manage it so it ends up smelly and greasy, so I'd wear it quite short, oh and spiked with gel a little bit, I think that's very cute :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Brendan Kilkenny all the way... Legendry :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

I'd have it short-ish and neat..prob with a little gel aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

IF I was a girl, I'd have long pony tail, not too long, just long enough to be able to manage. It would have a nice shine also...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

High and tight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Endasaurus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

hollywood!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Busterpuss

vernon kay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

really good idea for a thread! good job OP. if i was a guy.......hhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm, i like short hair on lads but not really tight like they are soldiers. longish but neat is nice!

• Advertisement

Rose Pipette has a cracking hairdo as well. Slightly 1960's feel to it and the heavy fringe would be great I reckon. Always wanted one of those long fringes where I could do the whole "Oh my hairs in my eyes I'd better shake my head in a sexy manner to get it out"

http://www.smalltownamerica.co.uk/data/resources/Image/news/RosePipettes.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

If I was a girl, like Traci Bingham...
    Traci_Bingham.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

Bald. So I could rub my head at any given opportunity. Like when I was stressed. Or pretending to be shy while flirting. Oh, and yes with a long skinny goatee beard. So I could stroke it and go "hmmm" while thinking.

And as for the rest.......even though I'd leave generally leave it alone (grrr), I'd have to try waxing at least once. Just to see what it was like.

Caryatnid wrote:
    Bald. So I could rub my head at any given opportunity. Like when I was stressed. Or pretending to be shy while flirting.

To pretend to be shy while flirting, having hair is an absolute necessity. Baldness just won't do. The classic shy flirting pose always involves the touching of hair.

Heres Sophie performing a classic piece of shy flirting. Note the touching of the hair.
    http://portfolio.kevinthom.com/albums/portraits/sophie_shy_smile.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Probably like Kneau Reeves in the second Matrix. Natural and dark with no hair colouring.

Oh yes. Dark and manly just the way I like mens hair to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

Schoolgirl pigtails.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 PaulyB63

This is the gayest thread ever!! Still though... To be a woman for a day... That must rock!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 PaulyB63

This is the gayest thread ever!! Still though... To be a woman for a day... That must rock!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

mullhawk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

If I were a guy, I'd want long-ish hair too. The kind that swoosh and blow in your eyes... haha.

• Advertisement
Advertisement