Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any1 Download Torrents Using Eircom Broadband?

Options
  • 30-09-2006 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

At the mo my speeds seem to have dropped alot, and i think eircom are on 2 me? any1 else have the same problem? i changed port and for 5mins got proper speeds again but those snakes at eircom keep slowing my torrents!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

doubt it you are 1 in what ~150k poeople at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Two people have mentioned slow torrents to me in the last few days. Hasn't been a problem for me so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

they are using port shaping now like other isps, change ports whatever you like it still wont work.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

But what about meh linux ISOs/!11?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Anyone know if BT are planning on doing this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

i've had no problems with eircom down in ballyvourney, torrents at crazy speeds with azerus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Mine on UTV are fine running at 0Kbs as I type.... I'm adhering to the whole no P2P traffic between 6-11pm. I don’t mind as I do most of my browsing/games at this time and its best not to be running P2P for ping reasons. Outside those times I get like 100-300K.

Advertisement