Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webcameron?

Options
  • 30-09-2006 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭

What do you all think of David Cameron having a webcast video on the Conservative Party homepage? I think its good that politicians are embracing the technology that we have. I think this should be the idea for all politicians to achieve? I think that Irish politicians should let us see a bit more of what they are doing or what their views are on political reform in Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Jakkass wrote:
    What do you all think of David Cameron having a webcast video on the Conservative Party homepage? I think its good that politicians are embracing the technology that we have. I think this should be the idea for all politicians to achieve? I think that Irish politicians should let us see a bit more of what they are doing or what their views are on political reform in Ireland.

He's like Al gore, Hi while Ive been washing the dishes I've invented webcams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 aslantheslayer

Its a bit corny!

Just had a quick look at it, Theres a vid clip of David (gore) Cameron In the kitchen talking to the camera telling us the Viewers what this is all about. And throughout his whole conversation is a child interupting him. Hardly proffesional and If he was elected Primeminister I doubt he would still keep this Guy next door image. And God his house is Messy!

I used to like him, but I feel hes going doen the Blair route of Spin and trying to fool people.

www.Webcameron.org.uk

I would love to have seen Charles Kennedy doing one of these. Prob from his local pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

They do seem to be embracing Web 2.0 though. That would win my vote!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

It's toe curlingly awful...and utterly irrelevant to his capabilities as a politician. Now, maybe if you're a denizen of middle England it tickles your funny bone, but not for me. A few concrete policies would be nice, then we might know what they guy actually stands for....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 aslantheslayer

If you look at the Feedback page, a Good bit of it is negative! I wonder how long that will be allowed to stay up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

If he were to write on a blog, I'd be more inclined to take it seriously. As is, webcameron seems to me little more than a publicity stunt. Still, I think using the Internet more is certainly a good idea, and I applaud him for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Theres some on him in Delhi using the metro too. I think its a good way to get political opinion across regardless.

Advertisement