Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's running for class rep?

Options
  • 30-09-2006 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Who put their name forward for class rep? There were about six of us last year.
    I'm running for 2nd Economics.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I did, I'm running unopposed afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I did, I'm running unopposed afaik.
    You were told already! Damn, I wanted to run unopposed.:D

EDIT: oh yea, radiology, tiny class, you would know wouldn't you?:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I wasn't told, but there's only 38 people in my constituency and no one had any interest in running bar me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I ran in my music class. It was me, my mate Eoghan and this dude Will (nice bloke). The voting went in the order Will, Eoghan, Me, so half the class voted for Will, half voted for Eoghan and I was left there. A broken man.

I'm never getting involved in politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

fish-head wrote:
    I ran in my music class. It was me, my mate Eoghan and this dude Will (nice bloke). The voting went in the order Will, Eoghan, Me, so half the class voted for Will, half voted for Eoghan and I was left there. A broken man.

Don't be disheartened!
    If you do have an interest in the Union there are plenty of other ways to get involved... eh I'm not sure how exactly I just know its true -I'm thinkin dajaffa and SingingStranger here;)

ok that may have been one of the most unhelpful posts ever :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

fish-head wrote:

Hard luck, man :(
    I didn't run for anything, but if the same thing happens as last year (ie, nobody runs for the position of BA Comp Sci rep) I might just put my hand up in class and go for it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Ah it's fine, they made me vice-vice president. And now I have friends in high places. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Scraggs wrote:
    I'm thinkin dajaffa and SingingStranger here;)

HACKS

They both got involved through friends, like many others who do

I'd love to go for class rep but I instead have the beautiful job to promote the class rep things

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

one of my friends is running as political pawn of mine.
    it shall be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I'm running for 2nd Year Sociology, thats in the School of Sociology and Psychology and I have to canvass both of these classes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Best of luck to all candidates, getting involved in the union is one of the best decisons you'll ever make in college, you'll meet loads of cool people and will learn a lot about the college and the education system, and campaigning for student rights, which is a very rewarding experience

Does anyone who ran last year know how to find out how many people are running in a class?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Details should be up on www.ucdsu.net at some stage this week.

I'm running this year, prob unopposed. I got all invovled last year despite my lack of position. Even if you're not a rep you should mosey along to council to see what it's like. A councillor can pass speaking rights onto you if you wnt to say something + if nothing else it can be highly entertaining at times!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

*timidly raises hand* I'm running for second year history!

I got elected
    Viva la uncontestion!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Mmm, gotta love that uncontested-ness. :)

She's back! Nice to see you once more.

Well done on getting "elected" as well. *cackles at the fall of democracy*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Mmm, gotta love that uncontested-ness. :)
    It was my entire plan but it didnt work :(

I have no intention of badgering people for votes, especially since all the other contestants are incumbants, Im gonna get my name off that list and not bother with an election

It was my entire plan but it didnt work :(

I have no intention of badgering people for votes, especially since all the other contestants are incumbants, Im gonna get my name off that list and not bother with an election
    Don't!! Just lecture address and remind them that you're auditor of Dutch Soc. You'll get elected in a landslide.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Don't!! Just lecture address and remind them that you're auditor of Dutch Soc. You'll get elected in a landslide.

Very good point and it would be worth it just to see the other contestants blabber on about "student issuse" and get hammered:D

• Advertisement

humbert wrote:
    Very good point and it would be worth it just to see the other contestants blabber on about "student issuse" and get hammered:D
    A delightful pun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Hmmmm nobody ran for Irish. And i've no idea who that Art History person is. So what happens if nobody runs? It just gets nobody or does someone babysit it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Hmmmm nobody ran for Irish. And i've no idea who that Art History person is. So what happens if nobody runs? It just gets nobody or does someone babysit it?
    Nobody ran for 2nd year Irish either. Seriously lacking in Hacks in that constituency:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Well basically it's left unfilled unless someone submits a form for a by election which I suspect may happen in this case.

Anway the programme officers are there if there are issues that need to be raised, though they're not acting as class reps in the fullest sense

I'm running too..

there's 2 of us going for the Economics and Finance seat..

I'm running too..

there's 2 of us going for the Economics and Finance seat..

Hey Henry!!

ouch...

that was poor on your part.

Considering that my username is my name...

Henry's going for Res Rep

ouch...

that was poor on your part.

Considering that my username is my name...

Henry's going for Res Rep

Oh right yeah.So the other guy in Economics and Finance is who?

Conor King

• Advertisement

Ah I remember now I met them by the way Emmett in the KBC trip to the Dail in which we saw Tom Kitt and the place.

They told me they were going for rep, I gave them advice and stuff.

Advertisement