Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's running for class rep?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

Raphael wrote:
    Anyone know any of the people running in 1st science? Don't recognise any of the names myself, and only 2 of them had posters up on friday.
    i know one of them! I know most of the people going for 1st law too and they're all expecting me to give them their first vote! Who am i going to choose!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

i know one of them! I know most of the people going for 1st law too and they're all expecting me to give them their first vote! Who am i going to choose!?!
    Its a secret ballot, so tell them all priivately that you voted for them, but had to tell the others that you voted for each of them, so don't tell the others. Bam! Flawless.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

Its a secret ballot, so tell them all priivately that you voted for them, but had to tell the others that you voted for each of them, so don't tell the others. Bam! Flawless.

Brilliant tactic. And then vote for the one at the top of the ballot anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

No, don't, vote for the guy at the bottom, he's a transfer from 1st Sci last year and was really interested and involved with the Union last year, he'd do a good job! :...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

K here's a clue imo.. CS lewis minus the Lewis

aka wot ss said

• Advertisement

Brill idea The_Minister! Oh yeah SS, i know who you're talking about. I think i know who I'm gonna vote for anyway!

Funny you should say that dajaffa because CS lewis minus the lewis is also my name too :D Now if only I was running for class rep!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Yay I'm getting plugs all 'round!! (thanks guys).

Now that the votes are finished, what's the story with results exactly?? Are there counts all day tomorrow, and when are the results out??

Count is tomorrow in the Montrose apparently, dunno the time (candidates should be texted details at some stage).

Anyway the counts won't take long as way less people vote in these elections than sabbat elections etc.

Sure if I'm told a time I'll go along, despite my elected status, I'm such a hack...

dajaffa wrote:
    Count is tomorrow in the Montrose apparently, dunno the time (candidates should be texted details at some stage).

Anyway the counts won't take long as way less people vote in these elections than sabbat elections etc.

Sure if I'm told a time I'll go along, despite my elected status, I'm such a hack...

I'll probably go too.......*hangs head*....what have I become?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

dajaffa wrote:

Any idea why the count's in the Montrose?

• Advertisement

Any idea why the count's in the Montrose?

Not too sure to be honest, only thing I can think of is that Astra Hall might be in use with the World University Games (I think the admin is running from there) and they don't really have anywhere else? Surely a bit of a waste of money though if they have to rent the space in Montrose

abelard wrote:
    Not too sure to be honest, only thing I can think of is that Astra Hall might be in use with the World University Games (I think the admin is running from there) and they don't really have anywhere else? Surely a bit of a waste of money though if they have to rent the space in Montrose

Yeah that sounds about right, I heard there was nowhere big enough that was availible. Dont c why it cant be done in the polling station at the blob like last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

It would be cheaper, dunno maybe it's to do with the number of contested elections this year - it was a record was it not? Might have got a bit cramped. I have tomorrow off, thank you med day and even though i'm off no hacking for me! Poo

It would be cheaper, dunno maybe it's to do with the number of contested elections this year - it was a record was it not? Might have got a bit cramped. I have tomorrow off, thank you med day and even though i'm off no hacking for me! Poo

out of interest, is there much good going on in ET tomorrow for med day?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

abelard wrote:
    out of interest, is there much good going on in ET tomorrow for med day?
    I saw the line-up. I didn't look great, though I can't remember it.

I saw the line-up. I didn't look great, though I can't remember it.

Meh, I might head in anyway, just to see if the fortune teller tells me I'll be a successful surgeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Why didn't they use the Blue Room or open up the dividers between the other meeting rroms and use them. There'd surely be enough room there

well I didn't win anyway....if anyone actually cares :p

At least I went to med day and had free beer.

Congrats to anyone who came out on top today.

i got whipped....

haha

Well done Conor

abelard wrote:
    well I didn't win anyway....if anyone actually cares :p

Congrats to anyone who came out on top today.
    who is our class rep??

• Advertisement

Who is our class rep?

Don't want to just put the name up, so check here:

http://www.ucdsu.net/oldindex.php

there was a clear gap after first round, but I pulled back to within 2 votes from transfers but just didn't have the momentum in the end

abelard wrote:

Med day was worth it tbh.

Congrats to all who won! I got to inform one girl today that she'd be elected uncontested - she kinda never checked that was fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Whoo hoo I think I'm going to finish the essay today

Anti Whoo hoo I didn't realise how my electoral Midas touch :rolleyes: effected Emmet's chances in the election against King.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Med day was worth it tbh.

!

Have totally lost my voice!Was brill day! Thanks for all who gave to the collections!We made absolutely loads in Donneybrook alone yesterday morning!Enjoyed the boards group (V.Drunken) hug with Bryno and Bigjimthefirst in the turks head last nite..Oh no our secret is out :)

Ah that secret was always out! You just didn't know it was... And somehow I reckon at least one of your trio don't remember that hug.

A few surprises came up with those results

panda100 wrote:
    Have totally lost my voice!Was brill day! Thanks for all who gave to the collections!We made absolutely loads in Donneybrook alone yesterday morning!Enjoyed the boards group (V.Drunken) hug with Bryno and Bigjimthefirst in the turks head last nite..Oh no our secret is out :)

When will ye know the total amount raised?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Chakar wrote:
    Whoo hoo I think I'm going to finish the essay today

Anti Whoo hoo I didn't realise how my electoral Midas touch :rolleyes: effected Emmet's chances in the election against King.
    Wrong thread.
    BTW, did you get a seat on council through the bar committee in the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Wrong thread.
    BTW, did you get a seat on council through the bar committee in the end?

Yeah just noticed that, the Bar Committee hasn't had a meeting for ages and I'm pessimistic that there won't be one any time soon because there hasn't been a meeting since March when the other two were elected.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that there's not a lot of time because the first council is on Monday and the weekend away is on the weekend of October 20 and 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

panda100 wrote:

Seeing all ye guys yesterday has made me so excited about Eng day... even though its not for another about 6 months :(

It'll be worth it when it comes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Is it true that fergal scully didnt get elected?If so thats very bad form for an ex president.

Advertisement