Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's running for class rep?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

There have been developments, the word in the corridor is that Redmond will resign his Communications and IT officer position tomorrow following private conflicts with the President.

This is quite extraordinary given that the new council has only been elected and there will be a by-election for the position.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

How could anybody have a conflict with Dan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

You'd be surprised Kaptain redeye, all you have to do is sit in SU exec with him for 5 minutes

I can't really think of anyone who would go for it at least the class reps I know so it might go to a newbie class rep.Hopefully he'll be from Computer Science.

Gary's quite involved in the union and has a great personal relationship with everyone except Dan.I wonder if he could reconcile with Dan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

You'd be surprised Kaptain redeye, all you have to do is sit in SU exec with him for 5 minutes

*snigger*

Yes you have come to many a blow with Dan during exec

*snigger*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Whats deal with all those fliers for class rep? Did they pay for themselves.
    I would have run this year if still here, setup an extensive postering campaign emblazened with my emotive, yet understated rallying slogan...

'I just want this on my CV'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

You didn't have to pay for them - the SU would photocopy them for you although I do believe numbers were limited.

I like your slogan - very thought provoking personally mine went something like this: noone else is running.

Well Ive never denied Im only in it for the [strike]boozing[/strike] training trip next weekend. Got in through the forum bar management committee, good thing I didnt go for the Student bar committee cos they never meet ;)

Its been suggested as well that I run for SU president, could be fun. Any chance you'd like to join the campaign Sangre?
    What do I stand for? Occasionally the national anthem!

Well Ive never denied Im only in it for the [strike]boozing[/strike] training trip next weekend. Got in through the forum bar management committee, good thing I didnt go for the Student bar committee cos they never meet ;)

What?!

In relation to Sangre's, I just want it for my CV, I said I just want it for the "training" weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

First council.....Oh, the excitement of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Vainglory wrote:
    First council.....Oh, the excitement of it all.
    Argh, now I KNOW I'm a hack... I'm almost excited with my curiousity as to who'll be on Exec for the next year. Damn, I miss Exec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Argh, now I KNOW I'm a hack... I'm almost excited with my curiousity as to who'll be on Exec for the next year. Damn, I miss Exec.

If you REALLY want I can give you a running commentary on events via MSN on my laptop ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Boo first council - I didn't get elected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

dajaffa wrote:
    Boo first council - I didn't get elected

:( an anti-woohoo if ever there were one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Does anyone remember when the parking public meeting is on? I'm lecture addressing today, and I want to mention it.

Wednesday at 5 in theatre o as far as I remember but I could be wrong defo at 5 in theatre o though.

Wednesday at 5 in theatre o as far as I remember but I could be wrong defo at 5 in theatre o though.
    If I'm wrong, I'll blame you:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

yeah that's right

Whats the deal with the training weekend. Where do you sign up?

• Advertisement

They were taking names yesterday - Skinny is organising it so talk to him - I'm guessing they'll contact people who they're unsure about soon enough.

Whats the deal with the training weekend. Where do you sign up?
    I thought that you asked me to "put up a hand" for you, so I told them that Padraig *whats-his-second-name* Dutch soc auditor wanted to go.

Thanks, the Dutch Soc secretary is also a rep and wants to go too so I need to know who he has to get in touch with.

I was talking to Tara Lee-Byrne she wants the seat on Council so there's going to be a contest when the Bar Committee for the Student Bar meet in early November.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I think you'll find that that's Tara-Lee Byrne, Chakar.

Ooh, fight!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I think you'll find that's Tara Lee Byrne, both of you. :)

Maybe the best hack win.

Ah I'll give it my best shot as I've done with all other elections and I'll have a speech ready and that.

If I don't win then I'm off Council for the year so I'll definitely try my best.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I think you'll find that's Tara Lee Byrne, both of you. :)

Maybe the best hack win.

My point was that her name is Tara Lee, not surname Lee Byrne. 'Sall.

Best of luck to all, and to all a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Chakar wrote:
    Ah I'll give it my best shot as I've done with all other elections and I'll have a speech ready and that.

If I don't win then I'm off Council for the year so I'll definitely try my best.:)
    Will you still come to council if you don't get it?

• Advertisement

gubbie wrote:
    Will you still come to council if you don't get it?

Absolutely if there are motions that I don't like* then I will come to speak against them.

* read lefty motions

Advertisement