Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's running for class rep?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I'm coming along to the Class Rep training weekend this Friday.Dave invited me on the basis that I'm actively involved in the Union and I'm a member of the Bar Committee, Education and Welfare Committees.

So we're off at 6pm on Friday which is great and back on Sunday at 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Chakar wrote:
    I'm coming along to the Class Rep training weekend this Friday.Dave invited me on the basis that I'm actively involved in the Union and I'm a member of the Bar Committee, Education and Welfare Committees.

those who survive are back at 6pm Sunday.

I would have liked to have gone to council Monday, think I would have something to say about the Shell to Sea motion, from what I hear so did others who didnt get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Chakar wrote:

Where can we get more info on what to bring, etc?

those who survive are back at 6pm Sunday.

I would have liked to have gone to council Monday, think I would have something to say about the Shell to Sea motion, from what I hear so did others who didnt get a chance.

*stares*

For or Against?

Well just the usual really.A small bag with all the essentials and money.Thats it really we're not going to the beach or anything like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Bring whatever you'd usually need for a weekend, breakfast and dinner (Bran Flakes and 2 pizzas) and as much alcohol that can get you polluted. But if you forget anything we stop off in a supermarket along the way

gubbie wrote:
    Bring whatever you'd usually need for a weekend, breakfast and dinner (Bran Flakes and 2 pizzas) and as much alcohol that can get you polluted. But if you forget anything we stop off in a supermarket along the way
    I was thinkin more along the lines of pillows etc. Some places provide, some don't.

Also wouldn't pizzas defrost and go soggy?

I was thinkin more along the lines of pillows etc. Some places provide, some don't.

Also wouldn't pizzas defrost and go soggy?
    Sure you just buy them down there (not the pillows the pizza)

And sure what sort of union would we be if we made you bring your own pillows!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

gubbie wrote:
    Sure you just buy them down there

We is gonna be near a shop yes?
    Need to save space from food for......more important things.

abelard wrote:
    We is gonna be near a shop yes?
    Need to save space from food for......more important things.
    Ya we'll be stopping off in a supermarket on the way down. Check with Dan the man though as I wouldn't be positive but thats what we've done before so you know

• Advertisement

And what more important things...

*you've definately been spending too much time with your room mate*

gubbie wrote:
    And what more important things...

*you've definately been spending too much time with your room mate*

*cough* off topic *cough*

and why?

Can someone answer my Q about needing pillows?
    *thinks about murdering Dave Curren*

Is it really that much of an issue? If they do, great! If not, surely you can just sleep without one. I think that expecting one-hundred-and-whatver people to bring pillows is a bit ludicrous anyway so I'd say they probably have them. And if they dont', don't take it out on me.

What a very very odd thing to think about being the most important. I think we can safely rest (*snigger*) assured that there will be pillows down there, and if not then we'll all be out of pocket for it. Well Dave won't be cos he'll obviously have thought of it previously and brought 2 pillows-one which he'll use himself, the other which he'll have a competition for-using all freshers as pawns as they do his evil bids which is actually just a death trap so that no ones left cos he's realised now that Pierce didn't get a position then the union just isn't worth going on with so he's gonna bring the union down from the inside... he also misses Niall Dolan

*thinks about murdering Dave Curran...*
    *thought passes when realises theres a queue*

*Acts like a gentleman, and lets Gubbie go ahead*

So, we don't need sleeping bags or anything? I have no idea if this is a chalet in the country, or a hostal in the city.

abelard wrote:
    *cough* off topic *cough*

and why?
    Cos... (thinking of ways to get this back on topic) as a class rep you should not only be representing your class but helping your fellow man ie your room mate and so when said person is in trouble, or just likes thinking about odd things (more probable being the latter) then everyone deserves to know... don't you think?

*Acts like a gentleman, and lets Gubbie go ahead*

So, we don't need sleeping bags or anything? I have no idea if this is a chalet in the country, or a hostal in the city.
    Its like you know when you go off camping in France when you're younger only instead of carivans theres house, instead of it being warm, it'll be cold at best and instead of having a friends caravan to go to full of friends, you have a party house full of alcohol

Our house had a sandwich toaster-I think we can be safe assuming that theres pillows and bedclothes

Maybe bring a towel but there'll probably be some there

gubbie wrote:
    Maybe bring a towel but there'll probably be some there
    Never leave home without your towel.

gubbie wrote:
    Cos... (thinking of ways to get this back on topic) as a class rep you should not only be representing your class but helping your fellow man ie your room mate and so when said person is in trouble, or just likes thinking about odd things (more probable being the latter) then everyone deserves to know... don't you think?

....I'm not a class rep. Hadoken!

• Advertisement

abelard wrote:
    ....I'm not a class rep. Hadoken!
    FINE as vice secretary you should be bringing the message to the people... so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Cant make class rep training thing cos have to go to a bridesmaid fitting in London for my sister wedding and then I have to go to a v.important mass in Limerick on Sunday. But have fun everyone!

wouldnt all mass be v. important?

wouldnt all mass be v. important?
    Ah, but this time they're praying for an end to gang warfare.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Thread will be locked in approximately one off-topic post. :)

so what is the final boardsie count?

Advertisement