Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

here's one for ya

Options
  • 30-09-2006 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

..apologies if this problem's been posted before, but i cant find a similar thread here so here goes.
    I had battlefield 2 installed on my machine for a good while, but hadn't played it in a while, but then along comes poe2 and rekindles my interest, so i download it, install it, pop me bf2 dvd in thedrive click the poe2 icon and i get 'please make sure the correct disk is in the drive', try to start normal battlefield ..the same.
    so, i try some other games, not working either, look for people with similar probs on the web and find out that more recent copy protection on some games disks means they wont start if you got stuff like daemon tools or alcohol 120% om your comp, so fair enough i uninstall all that stuff, restart and try again...still nothing. so i uninstall bf2 restart and pop the disc back in hoping to reinstall and i get 'please insert a disk into drive d'
    I try some other game discs and they all work fine it seems only bf2 vanilla and special forces disks cant even be detected by the drive.

anyone got any ideas? apologies for the long windedness of the post.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sounds like your dvd drive letter was changed (sometimes caused by Deamon tools taking it), then the game looks at your original drive letter, and see onl the deamon tools drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

cheers for that ponster, unfortunately it didn't work but worth a shot so thanks.
    syco, i reckon you're right about that, i tried renaming the dvd to m and then renaming it back mo effect.
    Guess i can try a driver rollback.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Hmmm, I think that you're going have to try a manual reinstall, by delating the registry entries, if you can't even reinstall the game anymore.

Here's the official solution if you can't reinstall BF2.

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=8986

got it sorted ponster thanks, although the method i used is kinda ironic really.
    good ol alcohol and daemon tools:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Can't tell what prob was from your posts, but just to say - I had to reinstall Daemon tools recently (after updating my BF2 to 1.4), and it's not caused any bother whatsoever, so :confused:

basically it turns out the copy protection on bf2 doesn't like some image burning or making software, it seems to very depending on posts i've read on forums, from people having the same problem as i had i.e: the disc refusing to autorun to people who dont seem to have problems at all.

Advertisement