Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American tourist...

Options
  • 30-09-2006 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭

Me, an Indian and two Americans were having a conversation yesterday at the dart station.

American dude (to the indian girl): "What currency do they have in India, is it the euro?"

Gotta love those Americans.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

a guy i know saw a euro with an eagle on it (german). he asked if it was an american euro

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

"What currency do they have in India, is it the euro?".
    Not yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Gotta love those Americans.
    I love it when they say "your English is very good".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

While on holiday in LA,myself and family were going over on a ferry.The guy who was taking the fare said " Hey! You Irish?" we Said "Yes from Dublin" he then said "I'm 100% Irish myself" So we said "Where you from?" he said "Detriot". Haha.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

You know, sometimes its hard to believe all the questions that are attributed to americans, but I got a corker of a question from an american University student recently:

"Do you have beaches in Ireland?"

"No luv, we have 500 miles of coastline that is either bare rock or towering cliffs. It's a goddamn island! What do you think?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

was talking with two girls when i was working in america durning college went something like
    Girl 1: so where are you from.
    Me: Ireland.
    Girl 1: Oh thats cool, is ireland still part of america.
    Me: Eh no.
    Girl 2: how long did it take to get here
    Me: About a 7 hour flight,
    Girl 2: how about if you were to drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

After a tiresome conversation with an American about why Dublin was not a part of London, I tried to explain the difference between Ireland and England using a map.
    I finally convinced him that Ireland was indeed an island beside but not part of England (even with nice pictures he didn't get it)
    He looked at it and said "Oh, that is very close. Could you swim that?"
    So i told him that all Irish people swim to England, it only takes us about 45 minutes :)
    He was a bit puzzled, but soon responded with "Oh that's right, you guys live in a third world country and don't have boats and stuff like that"

Everyone was in stitches and I was wondering if he thought that I had swam all the way from Dublin to Salt Lake City then??? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

mad m wrote:
    While on holiday in LA,myself and family were going over on a ferry.The guy who was taking the fare said " Hey! You Irish?" we Said "Yes from Dublin" he then said "I'm 100% Irish myself" So we said "Where you from?" he said "Detriot". Haha.:rolleyes:

Typical Americans.

I was talking to an American once who though that because I was from Galway I would know his relations below in Cork. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

god bless those americans, they rule the world and yet their ignorance never ceases to amaze me.
    Friend of mine works in a museum in Waterford with a little tourist information centre in it, said he used to get Americans coming in asking what country they were in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Ha, these are brilliant!
    Although the disturbing aspect is that they (I'm assuming) actually happened.

• Advertisement
Advertisement