Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N93 owners are a bunch of loosers.

• 30-09-2006 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

N93 owners are a bunch of loosers.
    We have bought products that don't work and Nokia want us to fix them ourselves. Would you accept it if your TV, DVD player, camcorder, or digital camera was full of bugs and the manufacturer gave you a link to download a fix as a solution?
    It's about time we told Nokia that selling products with bugs in them is not acceptable. If it doesn't work properly demand your money back.
    I have lost time, money and enjoyment by buying a N93. There are so many annoying bugs in it I don't use it anymore and have replaced it with a new 6230i. I have wasted hours on the Internet looking for new firmware to fix my N93, which is not available yet. What a load of horse crap.

The List:
    The image on the camera sometimes appears upside down.
    The camera application closes just after taking a photo.
    Video playback application stops during playback.
    Video camera stops while recording.
    Phone locks up and you have to remove the battery to reset the phone.
    Simm card registration failure appears on the screen if you go out of coverage for a moment (eg. you go in to a lift) and you have to turn the phone off and on again to receive or make calls.
    Right earpiece does not work when playing an MP3 and you have to turn off and on the phone to fix.
    Phone locks up while transferring video and images via bluetooth and you have to remove the battery to reset the phone.
    Wireless network strength varies from 50% to no signal while the phone is stationary (happens on all signals of 50% or less).
    If you change a few times from portrait to landscape with the camera application open all kinds of strange things happen the digital zoom increases beyond the specifications.
    Also, the video camera makes a clicking noise when zooming which can be heard clearly on playback

I am such a looser.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

You can't spell 'Loser'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

not nokia's fault if you buy a product without trying it first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Sounds bad. While I don't agree with Cremo on trying it out as you can't see faults with a short shop demo I do agree with waiting for the local networks to do their testing before purchase. e.g. 6280 not being released by Vodafone because of two versions of software being problematic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Tbh nokia should be making it their priority to bring out new firmware with all the bugs fixed any other company would have called all the phones back and fixed the problem as soon as possible. Nokia unfortunatly arent wont because they dont have to they're more concerned with quantity that quaility thats why ill stick with my sony they may not release a heap of phones every year but what they do release is great and they keep bringing out improved firmware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Why did you post the same message twice? See my reply in N93 thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 N93 Looser

How can you say it's not Nokia's fault. If you bought a camcorder, or digital camera that had the same problems as my N93 what would YOU do Cremo. Blame yourself for not testing it properly?
    What's so special about mobile phones that it is acceptable to put them on the market when the manufacturers know that they don't work properly?
    Why should Vodafone have to approve my phone? It has no configuration problems with their network; in fact I was quite surprised with how easily it configured itself as soon as I switched it on.

"looser:

noun
    1:a person or thing that loses especially consistently
    2:a person who is incompetent or unable to succeed; something doomed to fail or disappoint
    3:an insult used on-line same thing as loser only it contains 2 o's which are used to emphasize the fact that the person on the other end of the insult is a loser

1:the Greenbay Packers are a bunch of loosers
    2:james is such a looser; that chemistry project was a looser
    3:quizilla.com is for loosers"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Cremo wrote:
    not nokia's fault if you buy a product without trying it first.
    of course its nokia's fault. they shouldn't put something on the market that's full of bugs. briefly trying something in a shop wouldn't show all bugs and he probably bought it on ebay anyway.

that's liks saying its not motorola's fault that 90% of their phones break and/or burst into flames

and it's spelled lose. unless loose has somehow become acceptable like how yoghurt can be spelled with or without the h.

loose is like to let something loose
    lose is the opposite of win

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/looser
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/loser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

Tbh nokia should be making it their priority to bring out new firmware with all the bugs fixed any other company would have called all the phones back and fixed the problem as soon as possible. Nokia unfortunatly arent wont because they dont have to they're more concerned with quantity that quaility thats why ill stick with my sony they may not release a heap of phones every year but what they do release is great and they keep bringing out improved firmware

this is the very reason why i am not going to buy another nokia phone again!
    they release products with buggy firmware, and updates are not released that often..............

its good news that sony release regular updates to firmware, and for this reason im going to get the k800i and bin my crap buggy nokia fone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

Surely the phone can be returned?

Sale of goods act,etc.

He replaced it with 6230i, which is the phone I own and am very happy with. From reading the threads here and elsewhere, I've decided o to go for 6233 as upgrade(bigger screen and slightly better camera, and I think also the ability to read .txt files). High end smart-phones just seem to a lot of trouble and as I don't really need one I can do without the hasssle.

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

N93 Looser wrote:
    "looser:

noun
    1:a person or thing that loses especially consistently
    2:a person who is incompetent or unable to succeed; something doomed to fail or disappoint
    3:an insult used on-line same thing as loser only it contains 2 o's which are used to emphasize the fact that the person on the other end of the insult is a loser

1:the Greenbay Packers are a bunch of loosers
    2:james is such a looser; that chemistry project was a looser
    3:quizilla.com is for loosers"

Don't know where the hell you are getting you definitions from but you are quite quite wrong:

looser

loser

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

everyone like me who got sucked in to read this thread is a loser if you ask me!

Advertisement