Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Jol infuriated by outspoken Mido" - BBC

Options
  • 30-09-2006 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Story
    Tottenham head coach Martin Jol has called striker Mido "irresponsible and disrespectful" for comments about former Spurs hero Sol Campbell.

Speaking ahead of Sunday's match against Portsmouth, Mido said Campbell was "one of the easiest defenders" he had played against.

Jol said: "I have told him to let his football do the talking in the future."

Now, leaving aside Bent 'Arry's wittering on about respect for fellow professionals, I think the Egyptian has done a very stupid thing, and Jol is right to go public.

Mido wants to show the world how easy it is to play against Judas? Try scoring a goal you numpty. As it is he's made the Pompey pre-match teamtalk very easy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Story

Now, leaving aside Bent 'Arry's wittering on about respect for fellow professionals, I think the Egyptian has done a very stupid thing, and Jol is right to go public.

Mido wants to show the world how easy it is to play against Judas? Try scoring a goal you numpty. As it is he's made the Pompey pre-match teamtalk very easy.
    well hopefully either one of Berbatov or Defoe are fit for tomorow. because Campbell will certainly be up for it tomorrow...

Mido has done absolutely nothing for us so far this season..

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

Mido is an outspoken player, who needs to keep the trap shut, get himself off the mark. I do believe that we need some fire in our bellies and a Mido/Campbell face off would be ideal.

Jol doesnt quite seem to have the ability to fire up the team, so maybe just maybe, off-the-cuff remarks about ex-players is just the right thing to do. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

well all know making comments like that always come back to bite you in the ass,mido wont get a kick today against campbell and fate will probably have campbell scoring

county wrote:
    mido wont get a kick today against campbell and fate will probably have campbell scoring
    ah, don't say that. that would be a nightmare ....:eek:

but I wonder will both players play today. I think Berbatov is still not fit enough to start yet....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

county wrote:
    well all know making comments like that always come back to bite you in the ass,

How true...
    county wrote:
    mido wont get a kick today against campbell and fate will probably have campbell scoring

Well, you got one bit right...;) :D

• Advertisement

I think Mido won't get much of a look in now that Berby is coming back to full fitness. I say give Defoe and Berby a chance to gel together......

Advertisement