Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ken Number 1?

• 30-09-2006 10:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

On Tubridy they're referring to him as World No.1 but I'm pretty sure he's No.2 no?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

zuutroy wrote:
    On Tubridy they're referring to him as World No.1 but I'm pretty sure he's No.2 no?

He is the provisional number 1 ...

Provisional World rankings - Top 3
    Ken Doherty

1. Ken Doherty
    22,750 points

Graeme Dott

2. Graeme Dott
    21,600 points

John Higgins

3. John Higgins
    21,050 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Oh how much I'd love to interview Ken and talk about the psychology of the game. :) I honestly believe Ken is the best player in the world on the practice table. When he's 100% confident he's unbeatable. Even when Tubridy was asking if Ken expects his best season he said "don't put any pressure on me". :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

I also think as a sports person he has the perfect attitude to the game. He takes it seriously but he still knows that it's only a game. I saw him give a talk once and at the end he said "Thanks for coming lads, i appreciate the support - all i really do is hit little round balls into holes on a table". He has to win the World Championship just once more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Yeah he's a fantastic player. Wouldn't like to say he's THE best snooker player ever, but he's one of the best at the moment - without a doubt. He has the same birthday as me..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

I agree with eirebhoy, when Ken is on form he is the best player in the world but he dosn't be on forn too often. It's great to see a bit of consistency in his game lately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Glenman wrote:
    I agree with eirebhoy, when Ken is on form he is the best player in the world but he dosn't be on forn too often. It's great to see a bit of consistency in his game lately.
    Yeah, it's just down to confidence with Ken. His win in an early round match over Higgins last year (I think they only played twice last season?) was one of the best performances I've ever seen. Because it was the early rounds it won't be remembered but he didn't miss any pot he went for and his safety was top notch.

Advertisement