Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tawdy on the Tramore Road!!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭SeanieM

aoa321 wrote:
    Ah that's sweet Seanie, you've helpfully pointed out that Tawdy likes receiving gifts of drink and the reason that you posted his pictures on the internet is so that he can make some new friends, your motives are honourable - what's his email address, I might drop him a line.

It's funny to me that you care so much about him but you don't seem to ask him over to your house for an evening every now and then. Sure he'd probably be uncomfortable in the centrally heated little house, he probably enjoys sitting out on the side of the Tramore Road in the bitter cold of a winter's afternoon supping away at the couple of cans of Dutch Gold that he got as a "present" from one of his new "friends".

After all, for some people chronic impoverishment and alcohol addiction is a lifestyle choice and the rest of us are just havin' a bit of fun laughing at thier eccentricity.

As your family knows the big secret of what started the slide for Tawdy you seem to think that have the moral high ground on this issue, right? When you're big Seanie, and you figure out how a dictionary works you should look up the word "exploitation" and then go back and tell yer mammy that sometimes people are not laughing WITH our old family friend, they're laughing AT him.

Ridicule is the lowest form of critisism and you lost any argument by using it and you also made yourself look a bigger fool than you are already.

Yes I will go and tell me mammy, I'll dig her up and tell as she has been dead since 1999!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

aoa321 wrote:
    You're entitled to your view, as I'm entitled to mine. I'm uncomfortable with the idea of posting pictures of individuals on the internet in this way.

Unless Tawdy posted the pictures himself I think it's an invasion into his privacy, the statement that he is happy with his picture being put up on the internet rings hollow with me.

If anybody has an argument to defend the doctored photograph of Tawdy and tell me that it does not strip him of some of his dignity they should put it forward, I wonder how his family would feel about it.

I'm not getting into the argument about who loves Tawdy the most and because I'm nice to him I can do this, that or the other.

Here we go, justification!!!!:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭aoa321

SeanieM wrote:
    Here we go, justification
    Yes I did offer justification, and your refutation is a pathetic exercise in name calling.
    Ridicule is the lowest form of critisism
    That's a matter of opinion Seanie, I would have said it's a perfectly valid form of criticism, if you don't want your views or actions criticised don't post them on public message boards.
    and you lost any argument by using it and you also made yourself look a bigger fool than you are already.
    I've made my point, you're pissed and I have no interest in a boring slanging match with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

This reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons where the children organise Kids News with Lisa as Anchor Girl, but Bart steals the show with his "Bart's People" Newsreels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I hope when I grow up my horse will be as high as some of the people here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 JohnWishbone11

what about seamie ?

or is he gone now from the citidell. He told me he used to drive the dunhill school bus back in the day. Poor auld Seamie..

Banus

C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

aoa321 wrote:
    Yes I did offer justification, and your refutation is a pathetic exercise in name calling.

That's a matter of opinion Seanie, I would have said it's a perfectly valid form of criticism, if you don't want your views or actions criticised don't post them on public message boards.

I've made my point, you're pissed and I have no interest in a boring slanging match with you.

Your opinion bears no merit, you replied to this thread simply to hurl ****e around the place. Everyones entitled to opinions - that doesnt mean you have to shovel as many insults and failed attempts at wit into them.

Tawdy's a gentleman, I met him in around town last christmas, gave him a few euro and took the time to have a smoke and a chat with him. And I'll tell you this much, as drunk as he may sometimes be, we wont be seeing him galloping around on his horse, slaying the demons of erm, exploitation, and letting everyone know how great his opinions are.

I mean, jesus christ, lighten the **** up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

I mean, jesus christ, lighten the **** up.

yeah im going with this

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Fair play to Seanie. I see no problem with him talking about, or posting pictures of one of Waterfords legends. Yes, he might be a hobo. Sure, he might be a drunken alcoholic or watever. But he is a legend to many people in Waterford, and deserves to be respected.

Sure we could do it for every homeless person, but Tawdy aint just any normal homeless dude. He is different then the rest of them.

Give Seanie a break, he aint done nufin wrong.

Thanks Sully04 but I got no problem about posting Tawdy's photo, its just a couple of others that have and I really mean only a couple of others in total of the many Waterford people that have seen them.

On the other forums that I have posted those pics they have been very welcomed as they have here by the majority and as I have only met Tawdy once, I cannot say to anybody that he is a drunken alcoholic because he was not when I met him and I would recommend anybody that has to pass him, to stop and talk to him and build up a relationship with him.

It can be seen from the three photo's I posted of him that Tawdy is a kind and friendly man and I took more him than those, which I can add if they are wanted, I just chose the best three of him to show Waterford and the world what this man is like, a Waterford legend!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I've been away on holidays for the last 2 weeks and just got back yesterday. The first thing I heard is that Tawdy was knocked down and killed, is this true? It was on the fornt of the Munster but no name was given.

Im pray to god that its not him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,658 ✭✭✭✭looksee

He was ok yesterday (saturday) so it wasn't him on the Munster.

Well I am glad its not Tawdy but it must be tragic for the family concerned.
    Our prayers go with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Sorry for that folks, as I said I was away for two weeks and when I came back this is what I heard. Apologies!

It wasn't Tawdy but another unfortunate named Michael Vousden.
    I believe he also had a drink problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 cwat69

im thinking it could be the little small bearded guy with the artists hat?shame if so,he was a nice man too

Advertisement