Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play-Asia

Options
  • 01-10-2006 3:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

Has anybody bought off these guys? Xbox360 games aswell as PS2 and other consoles very cheap

X-Men: The Official Game
    Activision
    Compatible with Xbox360™ No Region Protection
    Price: 31.71 EUR

Hitman: Blood Money
    Eidos Interactive

Quake 4
    Activision

etc. etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Doesn't look too bad. Airmail would cost about €4, it would seem. Also, I found a contact address and phone number, which many of the dodgy sites don't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I used em for Moto GP. Took 3 weeks to get here but I "asked them a question" after about 2 asking where it was and they replied by the next day.
    Helpful.

Although, I've heard stories of games being stopped by customs and being forced to pay extra, so, beware.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I've used them twice - once for importing a pink DS for the girlfriend. I got raped by customs though because the value of the item was worth it to them to charge me. As long as you keep the value down (games and accessories should be fine) you should have no trouble.

In relation to their integrity though Play-Asia are a big established company and I would have no problem giving them my details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I've used them a good few times. Delivery can take betweeen 2 - 3 weeks but the fact that I am getting most of the 360 games for half the price they are here its weel worth it. Some of the asian games actually came in pal others were ntsc.

There returns section is ok also. I had games sent out in error. I emailed them and they requested pictures of the items to verfiy as soon as they got the pictures they told me to return the items by airmail, They actually sent out the proper order before i got a chance to return the other 1.

About the customs. I had a few stopped but it was only when i bulk ordered and had to get them to ship it in a box. if your ordering single games it should be ok, I never had a problem. I did get past customs with a big order once, as i had a coupon for $80 which brought my order down to $20 :) the coupon was a refund i got for a cancelled order that i paid via paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

2 months back.

No probs - got it within 2 weeks of ordering. Perfect nick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i'v used them for xbox 360 games and i'v only had one problem out of about eight orders and that was an order with two games in the package that got stopped by customs .

my last order just cause was posted within three hours of placing the order :D .

Bought a freeloader disc for the gamecube and arrived in 10 working days. Happy as Larry. Also pre-ordered the latest Zelda for a very reasonable price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

got moto gp from them the other week not problems at all and less than half the retail price in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ordered my sweet (and big!) Hori Fighting stick off them, along with some other stuff. Didn't even get caught by customs!* :D Sweet.

*mind you, that was over half a year ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ordered Megaman ZX on the 24th, it dispatched the next day and then arrived today.
    Brilliant service considering that I paid about half of what high street stores will charge when the game is released over here:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

What's the game like? I was looking into getting that myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

rgiller wrote:
    What's the game like? I was looking into getting that myself...
    it seems alright so far, i'm kind of stuck less than an hour into it though:p
    definitely digging the open map metroid style gameplay...
    bit early to give a definite judgement on it tbh. at this stage i'd give it 7/10, maybe 8/10 at a push

Advertisement