Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We have an escapee

• 01-10-2006 3:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

Bah... Sitting here looking at boards. Across the floor one of my crickets is running around and jumped up the wall as soon as I tried to catch him.

Anyone else ever noitce some of their food walking around it shouldn't be :D

Mojo (my lepord gecko) will get him soon.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I have a few in the house and I have a nasty feeling they are mating as we have started to see a few small ones around. May have to leave the heating off for a few days if this is the case

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I dont keep anything that eats crickets but I have a female friend who does and three weeks back I stayed overnight in her place and guess what! THREE days after I got home I saw a female black african field cricket in my kitchen. Bloody thing must have climbed in to my bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

do they got more jumpy around this time of year or something? ive had to lep straight out viv's in the last month..and i thoroughly stun the buggers before i chuck em in :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Try spill a whole box of them and see what happens.
    Our house sounded like an African plain for nearly a month with the noise of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Been there done that!!! Had a shipment of over a 1000 size 3/4 crickets turned up they were more like size 1 & escpaed from the critter keeper they were kept in!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Ha ha Hellrazer :D ...
    1000 crickets Bond. Jesus!!!
    Ah, if only it was safe to let the little guys out and go hunting for a few days.

Could get David Attenborough to film their hunting techniques in a modern home :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

both my scorps would suck at it. They just hide under rocks and wait for crickets to pass. Or in the case of the big lad, hide under a rock and wait for you to almost present him a stunned cricket on a plate with a knife and fork :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

There is a story in my familly I will NEVER live down, dragged out every xmas / party etc ;)

When I was younger I kept various reptiles, a lot of whom dined on crickets etc. One night a BIG box of very large black ones got out, right out into the back garden. For MONTHS (v hot summer), our back garden sounded like african plains.
    I kept schtum as I was the only one at the back of the house at night, so my room was really the only indoor room it could be heard from.
    One night my mother is out talking over the wall to our elderly neighbour, .... night crept up on them and suddenly they notice they are surrounded by this "scary noise".... my mother copped on almost immediately (and started plotting my death ;) ) but our elderly neighbour got rather scared and ran in slamming the door behind her. AFAIR she didnt go into her back garden till winter! LOL :)

B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Muwahahaha.... All it takes is patience. The little guy decided to run across the sitting room floor tonight. My newspaper accidently flew off the coffee table and SMACK.
    Hope he told the rest of his friends to stay in their box :D

Advertisement