Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help finding an anime

Options
  • 01-10-2006 4:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I know there is another type of thread right below this and I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

but does anyone remember a Saturday morning anime...I'm pretty sure it was on the WB...I want to say around the year 2000ish? maybe a little bit before.

It was sort of a mecha styled anime, they battled in those big robot things...I remember clearly that there was this evil empire, and they (the main heroes) were going up against the empire...and the main characters brother was part of the Empire and had a prominent role of an advisor. (I want to say his brother had long hair can't remember)

I know that one of the top generals in the Empire had like Grey/Silverish hair...he was the main villian looked pretty young, and always carried around a whip. I remember he and the main hero fought in one episode and the hero left him with a scar on the side of his face and he vowed to repay him.

The show was cancelled like half way through the season...I'm really sorry I dont' remember any names. It was quite a long time ago, but I know it was styled like a japanese anime.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭elpresdentde

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

elpresedente - if you don't have a good answer to a good request, dont post. There is no 'search by description' function in animenfo or any other anime db for that matter, and animenfo is a pretty crap anime database in the first place.

Can't help with the OP's request though. Are you sure it was anime? There have been a couple of western produced cartoons that tried to copy the style. If it was on TV around 2000, you might want to cross check it against Gundam Wing at least which would have been on TV around then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Guest3

It's alright I found out what the anime was..it was called "Vision of Escaflowne" and shown briefly on FOX saturday mornings in the US in August-Sept. of 2000, and then cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Ah thats right .. bandai picked up the rights to both and while Gundam Wing was popular, people didn't take after Escaflowne.

Idiots. Vision of Escaflowne is one of the best anime of all time. Its a shame that it is so hard to get a version of it that is not ****ed up in some way. The locally available boxsets have horrid mastering quality (VHS quality) and they even drop the subs. Even the R1 anime legends boxset had mastering issues.

Maybe theres an australian version that isnt busted.

Advertisement