Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firearms Dealers selling Pistols

Options
  • 01-10-2006 8:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Lads,
    Looking for a Beretta 87 Target pistol. I know of one dealer in Leixlip that deals with pistols, and have talked to him. Are there any other dealers about, to compare prices / lead time etc...?
    Cheers...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭flight93

You will get one up north. They look great and fire any amo. without a jam, very accurate, but very heavy trigger. Sevral dealers up north will get you one. If you want to know the proceedure let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I got mine via Outdoor Hobby in Leixlip, is this who you spoke to?

why a target 87 samson?? Have you shot one??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭You

Samson wrote:
    I got mine via Outdoor Hobby in Leixlip, is this who you spoke to?
    Yea, he's looking around the €700 mark and can't give me an exact lead time, post licence approval....:mad:

• Advertisement

flight93 wrote:
    You will get one up north. They look great and fire any amo. without a jam, very accurate, but very heavy trigger. Sevral dealers up north will get you one. If you want to know the proceedure let me know.
    I may take you up on that, is there much hassel involved...

flight93 wrote:
    Yea, Have put about 30 - 40 rounds through the Beretta 87. It's the best feeling / looking / reliable, I've shot so far. Have shot the 87, Walther P22, a browning buckmark, a Mosquito and a ruger (something).... These are the only ones presently being used in the club. Am willing to consider anything else.....;)

Buckmark has the best trigger, but looks like sh!t! Sig mosquito give alot of trouble cycling ammo and barrell is too short for real accuracy. Walther P22 is only a toy!I wouldnt take apresent of one! The only problems with the 87 are:
    Thin short grip (great for small hands), heavy trigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

I got one of my firearms through that guy in Leixlip.
    AVOID HIM LIKE THE PLAGUE!!

Money up front, says he'll have it in a week, then tough, it's on the way.
    Took a little over 3 months, wouldnt give me contact details for this supplier that he was blaming for delay.

Guy in Athlone comes highly recommended, can't think of his name off the top of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

mcguiver wrote:

Took a little over 3 months, wouldnt give me contact details for this supplier that he was blaming for delay.

Guy in Athlone comes highly recommended, can't think of his name off the top of my head.
    Scully guns and tackle 0906492486
    i bought a ruger range from him a while ago i had it within 2 weeks of getting licence, ive put 1200 rounds through not 1 stoppage have tried every every brand and weight he has in the shop €720

• Advertisement

mcguiver wrote:

That's pretty much the impression I've being given of him..:eek:

dfaf wrote:
    Scully guns and tackle 0906492486
    i bought a ruger range from him a while ago i had it within 2 weeks of getting licence, ive put 1200 rounds through not 1 stoppage have tried every every brand and weight he has in the shop €720
    Sounds good, I'm on the phone as we speak...
    Cheers lads..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Riggser

Have to say I've yet to have something good to say about gun dealers up north, everything seems to be an effort for them unless they are selling you something in the shop. If you know of a good gun shop over the border, please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Fazer6

Riggser.

I just bought a CZ122 from Tannyoky, just outside Newry.
    A pleasure to deal with them. Their phone number is 048 3831 8308.
    By the way, over 1400 rounds, CCI standard velocity, through the CZ so far, no problems.
    It has a lovely trigger, a six inch bull barrel and target sights.

Fazer6.:D

I have bought many firearms up north, never a problem, will get anything you want. Extendeb amg release, lightened trigger, etc. ect. Always a pleasure to deal with. A little extra paperwork, but the hard bit is to get your licence in the south, the rest is easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

I've bought 2 guns from Germany. Great to deal with & fab prices. A lot cheaper than North.

Also regarding Tannyoky.. A friend of mine bought a SIG Mosquito for over 500 euro from them. When he eventually discovered that you can get them for about 300 euro he asked Tannyoky about it. He was told "that's the price we agreed, sorry!" Pretty crap attitude if you ask me.:mad: So before you buy anything up North know the price. I have dealt with Tannyoky a bit but I always ensure I know the going rate for items before I call them.

Thanks for all the info.
    I've located a dealer with the Berretta 87 already in the country, job done:D

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Fazer6

packas.

PM sent to you.

Regards.

Fazer6.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

flight93 wrote:

Sorry, I don't have a Beretta Target 87.
    I meant to say I got my pistol via Outdoor Hobby....

I had no problem with my import, my USP arrived about a week after I gave him my Section 7. However, he did tell me up front that the one week lead time was approximate and was down to the postal system.
    Apparently none of "fast" courier companies will ship a firearm from Germany to Ireland, hence they have to be sent through the regular postal system, and it takes as long as it takes.

Advertisement