Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maximum number of people occupying an apartment?

Options
  • 01-10-2006 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Does anybody have an idea if their is a maximum number of people occupying an apartment law?
    The reason I ask this is because after renting out my own appartment for a year I returned to find an unusual amount of ware and tear.
    After renting it to 3 people I discover there was about double this living here because of the different mail arriving with different names.

But now the problem starts where I've returned to live in the appartment and compared to a couple of years ago, 80% of the other appartents seem to be rented out to foriginers and you'll see about 6-8 living in a 2 bedroom and the shared refuse is full 3 days after collection leaving the place a terrible mess and will probably lead to increased refuse charges which I think is unfair seen as the service charge on the block is nearly gone up €200 per apartment in the space of 2 years

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,393 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I suspect the only definitive source would be the fire certification the building has.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ncit9933

Thanks for that..never even though of it

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RDConfoosed

i would have thought that only those persons named on the lease should be in the apartment. I would think that those named on the lease bringing in additional persons are deemed to be in breach of their lease agreement.

but then again to prove this you'd need to be checking up on the apt all the time otherwise how would you know if there was too many living there. suppose the thing is to trust those you are renting to and get all the relevant references etc before you rent to them.

Advertisement