Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laser hair removal

• 01-10-2006 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Sorry if this has been brought up before or if I'm posting in wrong forum, just direct me & tell me where to go (in a nice way)
    I'm wondering has anyone had laser hair removal done?What were your experiences of it
    1 was it worth pain?
    2worth cost?
    3Results satisfactory?
    4Where did you go to?

I'm thinking about getting it on my arms and upper lip.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

jaydigity wrote:
    Sorry if this has been brought up before or if I'm posting in wrong forum, just direct me & tell me where to go (in a nice way)
    I'm wondering has anyone had laser hair removal done?What were your experiences of it
    1 was it worth pain?
    2worth cost?
    3Results satisfactory?
    4Where did you go to?

I'm thinking about getting it on my arms and upper lip.
    I'm in the process of getting this done. I'm getting my legs, bikini line and underarms done and its costing me €3500.000. PM me if you like and I can give you more info. The pain level is pretty much none existant BTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Isn't this a non permanent solution? As far as I know you need to go back every 6-7 months for another go and it it doesn't work on fair hair and it works best while hair is in the regrowth stage, then they can zap it better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Busterpuss

i think you can go back after 2 years or somethin, my mate has done a few sessions and she is already hairless, she said the bikini was like getting hot pokers stuck at her. she reckoned it would have been worse than childbirth. she has v dark hair

Busterpuss wrote:
    i think you can go back after 2 years or somethin, my mate has done a few sessions and she is already hairless, she said the bikini was like getting hot pokers stuck at her. she reckoned it would have been worse than childbirth. she has v dark hair
    Wow your friend either has a zero level pain threshold or is greatly exaggerating. The pain is no where near that bad. Its on a similar level to waxing and that pain level is negligible. It also works best on people with dark hair and pale skin as it is a light sensitive laser that is used. The place I'm getting it done at offer a 2 year guarantee and if your hair grows back in that time will give you a full treatment again FOC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭discosue

kizzyr wrote:
    Wow your friend either has a zero level pain threshold or is greatly exaggerating. The pain is no where near that bad. Its on a similar level to waxing and that pain level is negligible. It also works best on people with dark hair and pale skin as it is a light sensitive laser that is used. The place I'm getting it done at offer a 2 year guarantee and if your hair grows back in that time will give you a full treatment again FOC.

what's the name of that place can you tell me?

• Advertisement

discosue wrote:
    what's the name of that place can you tell me?
    Therapies and they are on Molesworth Street.

Advertisement