Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facial hair removal

• 01-10-2006 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

What is the best way of getting rid of this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

wax, electrolysis or laser therapy I would say. Depending on the hair type and where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭puss

daiixi wrote:
    wax, electrolysis or laser therapy I would say. Depending on the hair type and where it is.
    Isnt it clear from the thread name that it is facial hair. I would say to you that if it light coloured hair dont have laser treatment because my sister has spent €1,000.00 and can see no improvement . She has complained but the salon doesnt want to know. So be carefull and dont get rip off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

puss wrote:
    Isnt it clear from the thread name that it is facial hair. I would say to you that if it light coloured hair dont have laser treatment because my sister has spent €1,000.00 and can see no improvement . She has complained but the salon doesnt want to know. So be carefull and dont get rip off.
    Fair hair doesn't respond well to laser treatment, its best suited to dark hair on pale skin. Also for women facial hair is almost impossible to remove forever due to our wonderful hormones. If you have treatment to remove it if you change your Pill, get pregnant, hit the menopause etc it is more than likely to come back. I'd advise bleaching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭katiemac

Use a razor - electric, battery operated or an open blade and a good shaving foam. Lather up the soap before applying to your face and shave away. Once twice a day should see you babyfaced once more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

katiemac wrote:
    Use a razor - electric, battery operated or an open blade and a good shaving foam. Lather up the soap before applying to your face and shave away. Once twice a day should see you babyfaced once more.
    But if you're a girl you really don't want to be shaving your face:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

katiemac wrote:

I hope that was a joke, electrolysis would be the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Depends on the hair, as others have said. If it's a fine fair down, and if it bothers you, then the best thing is wax. In some of the Indian markets in London you can get little tin pans of wax which you heat gently on the cooker, then smear on your face with a palette like a wooden ice cream spoon, then

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!

tear away, always tearing it *against* the direction of hair growth. It hurts less if you hold an ice cube on the part you're going to tear for a minute or so to deaden the nerves.

It may be that some of the oriental shops in town might have something the same. Pity the mosque shop usually has men serving; it's not really the kind of thing one likes to discuss with a chap.

If you've dark hair on your face, like the heroine of one of Tolstoy's novels (he cited it as a pretty sexy thing), you can do this too, but you might prefer to go for electryosis. A friend who grew a tache after cancer treatment had it and said it was the most excruciating thing she'd ever had, apart, perhaps, from childbirth. But then she has thin, fair skin, and maybe a lot of nerves close to the surface.

As the French say (though not meaning quite the same), on peut souffrir etre belle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Caitin

I personally would recommend a cream to remove facial hair. Waxing can result in too much pulling and a loosening of facial skin.

But if you do wish to try this, bear in mind that your skin won't look great for a day afterwards, particularly if you are generous with the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

The American Indians used to use (or perhaps still use?) hot stones to kill off the root - the Romans used hot walnut shells for the same thing, I believe. But I don't suppose anyone's ever studied the exact temperature they used to kill the root without horribly scarring the skin. Wouldn't recommend any home experiments!

Advertisement