Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sleep like a baby

• 01-10-2006 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

I can sleep between 10-12 hours, is this normal? In fact, if I get less than 10, I'm very grumpy! People say you need less sleep when you get older, but the amount of sleep I need hasn't changed one bit! Still sleep like a baby.
    Why do people say you need less sleep as you get older ? It doesn't seem to make much sense to me, as I seem to be needing more!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

every rule has an exception

I love my sleep also tho, I generally get 10 hrs a night, but mostly it's the wrong 10 hrs (3 in the morning to 1 in the afternoon type thing)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I've heard that you need more sleep when you're younger because you're growing. Also, QI tells me that more sleep lowers life expectancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

esperanza wrote:
    I can sleep between 10-12 hours, is this normal? In fact, if I get less than 10, I'm very grumpy!

The average is 8, but some people need more and some less. I need a good 9 hours to feel totally refreshed!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Everyone has different needs. You are not a statistical average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭sonic juice

If I sleep for more than 8/9 hours I get really grumpy and fatigued,oversleeping makes me so weary

• Advertisement
Advertisement