Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oven on the way out...recommendations

Options
  • 01-10-2006 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

We've had a Belling Double oven for the last 10yrs...last 2-3 months its started to show its age. Fan in main oven starting to screach, door on main oven not closing properly and today there was a bang from the top smaller oven half way thro cooking my sunday dinner and now there is no heat from it, even the grill section is goosed.

Rather than go thro the painful process of getting someone in to repair it and I'm guessing would cost the best part of over €200, I think we'll just change it.

Wife wants to stick with Belling as she's familiar with the controls, but I might splash out on something with a little bit better quality, if there is such one..anyones recommendations?

she was looking at this one
    http://www.didstore.com/store_detail.asp?modelcode=90FPBK&subid=83

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I decided to have a poke around in the last hr at the oven and the hinge mechanism on the main oven door on one of them is broken at the pivot point which is causing the door not to be able to close properly. So what I think I'll do is scwitch the hinges from the top smaller oven door to the bottom one. Main one is used more often so it makes sense to make sure that one is properly sealed when in use.

As for the top grill/oven not working. Well, not sure why it happened but there must be a thermal cut out built in that kicked in because after leaving it cool down for an hr, it works again. Might be a sign of bad things to come, but have managed to put off replacing it for a while yet.

Might open up to the fan next week and see if the bearing is accessible to replace it

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It may be easier to replace the entire fan? IF you're any way handy, you could just buy the parts and replace them yourself.

As for the Belling oven in the link, it should be a good enough oven alright, and not too bad a price. Belling is now owned by the Glen Dimplex group (more known for their heaters etc) You'd have to spend a bit extra if you wanted the likes of Zanussi/Electrolux, and probably even more for the likes of Siemens/Bosch.

Advertisement