Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Contacting old friends

• 01-10-2006 3:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Here the situation. I had three really good friends in primary school. We were inseparable and had loads in common. Anyway we ended up going to different secondary schools (not by choice- Parents had the decision) and completely lost touch. Two of us went to one school and two to another, Looking back I can see I made a huge mistake not keeping in contact but at that age I didn't see how important my friends really were to me. 6 years later and I'm in second year in college. I'm not in contact with the friend that I went to secondary school with as she changed and we ended up having little in common. Being a student I of course go on bebo and I found my old friends bebo pages. I realised how little we have changed and how much we still have in common. Freaky things like we obsess over the same bands, films etc. They're kinda quirky and different and not in any way fake or superficial like many of people I'm in college with, (if you knew the college you'd agree!)The question I'm asking is should I contact them and see how things are with them, maybe meet up some time. I'm not trying to replace the friend I've lost in any way. I'm lucky to have the friends I do. There's no bad feelings between us (at least I don't think so) but I don't want to seem like a stalker/psycho. I'm not desperately searching for friends etc. Has anyone been in a similiar situation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

sure dude, go meet up with them, catch up. remember the old days etc. it never hurts to try. better to try than be left wondering "what if" later in life. best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Go for it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Definately contact them, without a doubt! Start off gently and just leave a comment on their pages, saying something like "Hey, I was just browsing through Bebo and I found your page! Long time no see! How are things with you? We should get a drink/coffee/lunch sometime and catch up, what do you think?".

I've been in that situation, and it's always been fantastic meeting up with people again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Most of the times it is good to meet old friends, go ahead and have fun. Been in a similar situation and met up with them, had a good laugh about old times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Oldfriend wrote:
    They're kinda quirky and different and not in any way fake or superficial like many of people I'm in college with, (if you knew the college you'd agree!)

i'm guessing ucd or trinity :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Just post on the page 'I see you're still as ugly as ever' and nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Just start talking to them on Bebo or get msn address or something, then once you've gotten back in touch arrange to meet up. That's what I'd do

Advertisement