Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost 2-1

Options
  • 01-10-2006 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Lost 2-1

lol 1st match thread.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Went 1-0 up but in the first half but unfortunately conceded two soft goals before the break. Had a couple of decent chances in the second but had no luck in front of goal. Still, a decent (if somewhat cramped!) performance, and it all looks good for the future!

We just beat the torrential rain too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Bowser

Ye, it was good timing between the showers. I played for the other team. Your team isnt too bad. One hell of a big panel you have tho. Couple of things to work on but your team should do well.

The only good thing about the small pitch is it helps u practice playing the ball to feet. Reall important on those hockey pitches you'll be playing on in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Good stuff guys!! First game and we almost won :)

What formations did we try out? and who scored for us?

Ill be back in action in 6 weeks but ill be up in the park jogging in 4 weeks. Cant
    wait!

Jules got the goal (Or so I'm informed... cant even remember it! Too many headers me thinks ;)).

We played a 4-1-4-1, started out like this:

Shane

(Roddy23)

--Simon
    Mark
    Neil----Michael---
    -(Hoodle)--(MrJoeSoap)---(Xavi6)---(emc2)---

Seamus

(L5)

---Colm
    Cormie
    Barry
    Enda
    --(LoBo)----(Cormie)--(Bartagh)--(QuBall15)---

Jules

(Frank Grimes)

Too many subs to keep up with though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Good try lads, at least we got a goal anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I know from playing 10-a-side astro with another footy team that the ball rarely
    leaves the ground. Its mostly hit at chest height. So how where you able to get
    your head on the ball so often?? You where playing 11-a-side right?:confused:

So what was the subs like. Could they walk on when ever the ball was out of
    play?

Well I got 10+ headers I reckon, Neil got at least that too. There were a good few long balls that had to be headed. The subs just came on when the ball went out of play, it'll be the same in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Having roll on subs is a saviour, plenty of us still need a lot of work on fitness.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Decent performance lads, a 2-1 loss was encouraging for a first match for sure, especially when it should've been a draw cos of that absolute sitter I missed, but they don't all work out and the positive thing was we were making chances late in the game (fair enough we had subs and they didn't).

One thing I noticed was all our best chances cames in the second half when we had egon and andy playing on the wings and both were playing very advanced positions, so we weren't far short of being a 4-3-3, and both did very well when on the ball. Yeh it leaves space open at the back, but it means I have options for first touch lay-offs instead of having to take it down first (which makes the defender favourite) cos they were only yards away, and then when they get the ball they were facing goalwards which put the opposition on the back foot, and we got loads of chances this way. Could be an option for a plan B.

We defo need to get playing on full size pitches and goals. Do we have anyone lined up for this Sunday? I can ask around if we don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

unlucky lads,i`d say it was good just to get a run out,to know each others game

• Advertisement
Advertisement