Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas

Options
  • 01-10-2006 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭

Ok, I started up a drama group in my school two weeks ago. Its an all-girls school, it got a lot of want, I could only take 22 people. I have a play sorted for open night in 6 weeks time, but the problem is now teh end of year play. They want to do GREASE. It being an all-girls school and only 4 will sing, that isn't going to work...s any ideas for a play for taht many girls?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

If only 4 will sing then I don't think you'll have much luck with a musical..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

Piste wrote:
    If only 4 will sing then I don't think you'll have much luck with a musical..

Agreed.

I think you should focus less on musicals (since you usually need bigger casts... and casts with males as well... :rolleyes: ). What I would do is do a 10-minute play festival. Select a few 10-minute scene plays... some comical, some heart-felt... etc... and then audition the girls and place them in the scenes accordingly. That would be a bit more probable, with the sounds of your group.

Break a leg, dearie. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

That's a very good idea, do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Thanks!! I have to do a thing for open night so we're just doing movement on teh topics of "Friends" and "The canteen". Some have volunteered to sing food glorius food" for that one....

Advertisement