Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the g hotel

Options
  • 01-10-2006 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

Am thinking of bringing the missus to this place for our first anniversary. Any opinions on the place? It looks fab but vvvv expensive. Any hints/tips appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

ohhhhh my gawd she will either love or hate u for it... love u cause its so whacky and fab or hate u cause u wasted so much money when u could have bought her jewellery instead.. really the best way to a girls heart through the fab neck lace u lavished on her. I dunno as u can see i kinda split on this although id love the luxury, u could get the same in glenlo or the radisson are anywhere with a good spa for less than half the money. Best of luck and congrats on the anniversary!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I touch vegetables inappropriately.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

ohhhhh my gawd she will either love or hate u for it... love u cause its so whacky and fab or hate u cause u wasted so much money when u could have bought her jewellery instead.. really the best way to a girls heart through the fab neck lace u lavished on her. I dunno as u can see i kinda split on this although id love the luxury, u could get the same in glenlo or the radisson are anywhere with a good spa for less than half the money. Best of luck and congrats on the anniversary!!!!

Never happy. And then ye wonder why we [choose to] die first....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Ater a ten minute walk around the place i had a headache.The colors are REALLY in your face "bright pink" and when you walk in it feels like your in some futuristic movie.For me it certainly doesnt set the tone for relaxation more a wacky brothel.As previously mentioned the Glenlo is much nicer more traditional and the Radisson is excellent too and is very modern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

The food is also only so-so. Not terrible by any means, but not really of the standard you would expect of a supposed five star hotel. And the location is not the best either. I'd go with the Radisson, the spa there is fantastic, and I say that as a man who aspires to be a pirate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

John always censors my funny jokes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭finlma

rondeco wrote:
    Any hints/tips appreciated.

Go in the front door.
    Check in at reception.
    Use the lift to go to your room.
    Do whatever takes your fancy in the room.
    Maybe use the gym, go for a drink or even a meal.
    Check out when finished.

I've never seen anyone look for hints or tips on using a hotel before. Good luck buddy - don't forget to check in. Thats probably my number 1 tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

A couple of friends of mine stayed there recently and said the rooms were fantastic.

However, have heard mixed reports about the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

just re mortgage the house first so you can cover the cost.... :D:D

if the food isnt the best.. complain straight away.. they usually appologise and give you a complementary bottle of wine (or pour the dinner over your head)...

DRakE wrote:
    I touch vegetables inappropriately.

Why did that make me laugh so much?

Erm, the G-hotel freaks me out anytime I'm there. Saw the brochure for it.. the bath-tubs in the rooms remind me of a womb.

• Advertisement
Advertisement