Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trying to retrieve contacts from my last phone.

• 01-10-2006 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Right, Dropped my last phone (Sagem MyX52) and the screen broke. There is no way of seeing the screen apart from a tiny bit where the battery symbol is.
    So I bought a Nokia 6060 and thought when I put my Sim card into the new phone, all my numbers and contacts would be there. But they weren't!
    I tried to change from phone list to sim list but they still didn't appear.
    I presume they're saved on my old phone but now I can't see the screen.
    Any ideas on how to access them?
    Annoying losing all your numbers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Borrow someones sagem (same model) from a friend etc etc ... and mirror the key presses to save your numbers to the sim card (presumably is an option on that model)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Yeah I did try that actually. but I think there's no option for copying all the numbers in the one go, just one-by-one. Bit too painstaking for me!
    I'll figure something out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Have you checked to see if there's a data cable approach? Alternatively see if it supports syncML and try www.phonebackup.ie? A bit tiring to go through all those settings with another phone next to you... but if you really need the numbers.

Alternatively (you're on meteor I'd guess from the phone models?) login to www.meteor.ie and grab your call history for the last while ... start calling peoples voicemails and getting your numbers back together.

Afterwards, invest in a data cable backup solution, a simcard backup solution or something like www.phonebackup.ie

Hope something there helps!

Advertisement