Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Union Council Nominations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Boo ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Congrats to all the boardsies who got seats and theres quite a few:eek::)

What happens if a place is vacant? Can somebody apply for it [obv. if its their constituency?] or is it left vacant?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Scraggs wrote:

What happens if a place is vacant? Can somebody apply for it [obv. if its their constituency?] or is it left vacant?

A by-election can be held, I'm not entirely sure if there's one automatically held, or if it's held only if someone expresses an interest in running though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Congrats to those elected unopposed....

I myself am running in what seems to be by far the most congested constituency on that list; first BCL with 7 candidates for 1 seat ¬_¬ .......my claws are extending as we speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Byrno

Is it my imagination or is chakar not on the list of nominations?

• Advertisement

Byrno wrote:
    Is it my imagination or is chakar not on the list of nominations?

I spotted that too, was wondering same thing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

The only Dixon I could find was a 1st Arts one by the name of daniel.... mistaken name mayhaps?

Ah well I'm elected unopposed.

I think he's running or disabilities.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

meh, there goes my scheme. Too many ppl ran for my constituency. *me resigns from race*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

I hear Dixon made a mistake on his nomination form so isn't up for the seat.

Me, steph, firesp, panda r all elected unopposed, WOOT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Both of my two constituencies are vacant. I did think of running but I came back to reality I'm too disillusioned with the UCDSU (Politics, Politics and more pathetic left/righty Politics) so I didn't bother. I may be swayed into one of them now just so that my class at least has a voice, I dunno, if I did I'd probably be doing that for the wrong reason

I was talking to the dep pres + it's not too difficult to get a by election going. Just get a form, u need about 20 sigs from your constituency + then nominations are open to anyone else to hand in a nomination. Then a week later an election is held or you're elected uopposed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

dajaffa wrote:

Its a boards coup :)
    I was suprised not to see the van in the list?

panda100 wrote:
    Its a boards coup :)

Ye can form a voting block and hold power over motions

Note: probably not a good idea

dajaffa wrote:
    I hear Dixon made a mistake on his nomination form so isn't up for the seat.

What kind of mistake? I would have thought that if he did it last year, that he could do it this year.

You forgot pretty*monster

OT:We should really set up a boards society. We have members, political clout, and we hold functions. Imagine beers twice a year n the blue room.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Both of my two constituencies are vacant.
    Mines vacant too, don't think its going to get filled either.

Both of my two constituencies are vacant. I did think of running but I came back to reality I'm too disillusioned with the UCDSU (Politics, Politics and more pathetic left/righty Politics) so I didn't bother. I may be swayed into one of them now just so that my class at least has a voice, I dunno, if I did I'd probably be doing that for the wrong reason
    Snap;)

What kind of mistake? I would have thought that if he did it last year, that he could do it this year.

Well the Constiuecies for this year have changed, an easy mistake would have been to get 2nd Arts students who don't have majors in the constituecy to sign the nomination form.
    You forgot pretty*monster

Ok .... pretty monster and vainglory too. We've a few programme officers already on boards, 3 at least; Byrno, AngelofFire and someone else *mysterious, dramatic music*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Blowfish wrote:
    Mines vacant too, don't think its going to get filled either.

Ditto. Exact same as first year :rolleyes:

Scraggs wrote:
    Snap;)
    you should have run. We could have proposed that we change the motto of UCD to "In Cloud we trust"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

dajaffa wrote:
    Well the Constiuecies for this year have changed, an easy mistake would have been to get 2nd Arts students who don't have majors in the constituecy to sign the nomination form.

Ok .... pretty monster and vainglory too. We've a few programme officers already on boards, 3 at least; Byrno, AngelofFire and someone else *mysterious, dramatic music*

Is Vain of the gory a class rep?I dont see her name down? Also gushering is a class rep too that makes:
    Stepherunie,the minister,panda,gushering,byrno,angeloffire,dajjaffa and pretty monster. Thats a pretty mixed bunch of us:)
    Its also great to see John Purdue as eng rep,a fellow world aid socian.hes lovely if not slightly mad :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

panda100 wrote:
    Is Vain of the gory a class rep?I dont see her name down?

I have the delightful opportunity to represent nobody but myself this year, as the immediately past set of sabbatical officers have automatic places on Council.

Be afraid, be very afraid etc..

I've counted at least 4 more but I dont want to be the one to 'out' them as boardsies:p

Lol at the boards party The_Minister.. would be interesting to see that working!

Vainglory wrote:
    I have the delightful opportunity to represent nobody but myself this year, as the immediately past set of sabbatical officers have automatic places on Council.
    Is that not grossly undemocratic?
    Maybe you could look after 1st and 2nd philosophy. I think that both have no class rep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I'd say it's useful - I mean they've worked solidly all last year - they'd have a fair idea of what had gone before - good continutity I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Is that not grossly undemocratic?
    Maybe you could look after 1st and 2nd philosophy. I think that both have no class rep.

Probably, but I didn't make the rule.

As a Philosophy student myself, I'd have no problem with contributing time on Council to deal with any problems the other years might have, if they so desired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Firstly Dixon:
    I heard that the people he had gotton were not in his constituency-maybe he just got it mixed up. Last year there was a giant mix up and you didn't have to get the people in your constituency-anyone would do. Half of mine were Radiographers and I only had 2 people in my year
    panda100 wrote:
    that makes:
    byrno,angeloffire,

They're not actually class reps :rolleyes:
    panda100 wrote:
    Its also great to see John Purdue as eng rep,a fellow world aid socian.hes lovely if not slightly mad :D

John's a class guy but I don't think he wants the hassle of being in an election. I'm really glad he put in his name though cos you never know he still might run

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

I'm another one on the list. Have to fight an election though. Well if fight is the right way to describe a contest between 4 people for 3 seats.

Quite Bizzare. 3rd Commerce has never had a contest before. And last year we only had a contest because Ec and Fi people were in the constituency.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I'm another one on the list. Have to fight an election though. Well if fight is the right way to describe a contest between 4 people for 3 seats.

Quite Bizzare. 3rd Commerce has never had a contest before. And last year we only had a contest because Ec and Fi people were in the constituency.

Thats what i thought when going forward. Dont worry there wont be an election, Ive already withdrawn.

• Advertisement

gubbie wrote:
    They're not actually class reps :rolleyes:
    They have a vote on council, so in effect.....

Advertisement