Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Doberman

Options
  • 01-10-2006 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have a 13 month old Doberman bitch. She was a very small puppy and has only grown to the size of a small Lab. She is fed on 'Science Plan and has a good appitite. The Vet admits to her being very small but informs me that she is in good health I would like to understand the reason for her stunted growth and wondered if anyone could throw any light on it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Some dogs just don't get as big as others, same as people.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Sure shes not a mini pinscher? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Runt of the litter? Very common but look at the bright side, smaller dogs mostly live longer ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

I have two 14 week old dobermans from the same litter and the male is quite a bit bigger than the female. Its obvious why - he grabs the food first and is a lot more outgoing - at least when around the family than the female. But the female is a sweet gentle doberman that is quite but a much better watch dog. She barks at any possible intruders while the male could not give a fiddlers.
    I hope you don't love your doberman less because she is not so big - they are dogs with big hearts of gold no matter what their size. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Please send me a picture to t.janak@gmx.de - I do animal communication and see if I can tune in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement