Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6233 on o2 Bill Pay

• 01-10-2006 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has spotted the new Nokia 6233 on o2 bill pay yet? I've heard its a mile better than the 6230i I have now, and I've a gold upgrade so Im looking forward to offloading the old one. I've no idea how much the 6233 will be on the gold upgrade.

Has anyone used the phone in general yet? Is it actually any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

Trotter wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone has spotted the new Nokia 6233 on o2 bill pay yet? I've heard its a mile better than the 6230i I have now, and I've a gold upgrade so Im looking forward to offloading the old one. I've no idea how much the 6233 will be on the gold upgrade.

Has anyone used the phone in general yet? Is it actually any good?

I just got one on Friday. Went in for something else and aske the chap to check my upgrade eligibility and it was gold.
    Had to pay 139 Euros. The phone is nice. Performs well and has very simple menues. The keys are a good deal smaller than on the 6230i which I had untill yesterday so texting ois somewhat slower (especialy if you are a male). I thought that the camera would be slightly better than I am finding it now but it might be that I am doing something wrong.
    The applications supplied (cnverter and calculator) are better than in 6230.
    So far, I think that I purchased a good phone! Have ordered a new micro SD card from 7 day shop as the one supplied is quite small. The sound is stereo and great as far as I am concerned. If you do not have it, try and get a program that shrinks your mp3 and you have a cheaper version of ipod/zen in your hands. The emailing option works fine as well.
    In preparation for my new sd card, I tried to backup the contents of the current card (loaded with a few themes, ringtones and I think 2 games) into the PC so that I can put them in the new card but was unable to do so as they are copyright protected. If someone knows the solution (legitimate), could they share it please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

€139 is good! Would it work with a normal bluetooth headset? (One that I use on the 6230i).

Also, I have a memory card for the 6230i already.. would I be able to swap it into the new 6233?

I found the 6230i ringing volume to be very odd to say the least so Im hoping its better on the new one.

So regedit.. Would you recommend it having given it a whirl??

Trotter wrote:
    €139 is good! Would it work with a normal bluetooth headset? (One that I use on the 6230i).

Also, I have a memory card for the 6230i already.. would I be able to swap it into the new 6233?

I found the 6230i ringing volume to be very odd to say the least so Im hoping its better on the new one.

So regedit.. Would you recommend it having given it a whirl??

I got a BT headset Akono HBH-602 (Sony Erisccon) last year with my 6230i and never used it realy. Tried it today with the 6233 and it would not work but when tried on 6230i worked fine. It might be just me.

The SD from your 6230i will definitively not work on your 6233. The size it at least 70% smaller! I did not belive that they made them so small sd now.
    TBH, I never had any problems with my 6230i (I had a SD of 256 MB and was able to fit (shrink) almost 200 songs on it).
    I would actualy recommend the 6233. I got the black model and never looked at the silver trim so ask them in the shop to show you both so that you can compare. If you are using a car kit whihcis somewhat old, it willl not work with 6233 so you will have to upgrade there. I have a Nokia CarK 136 and will not work so will have to get a new one.
    Look at it this way, even if you do not like the ohone, you can ask o2 to unlock it and you would sell it for at least 150!

regedit wrote:
    I got a BT headset Akono HBH-602 (Sony Erisccon) last year with my 6230i and never used it realy. Tried it today with the 6233 and it would not work but when tried on 6230i worked fine. It might be just me.

The SD from your 6230i will definitively not work on your 6233. The size it at least 70% smaller! I did not belive that they made them so small sd now.
    TBH, I never had any problems with my 6230i (I had a SD of 256 MB and was able to fit (shrink) almost 200 songs on it).
    I would actualy recommend the 6233. I got the black model and never looked at the silver trim so ask them in the shop to show you both so that you can compare. If you are using a car kit whihcis somewhat old, it willl not work with 6233 so you will have to upgrade there. I have a Nokia CarK 136 and will not work so will have to get a new one.
    Look at it this way, even if you do not like the ohone, you can ask o2 to unlock it and you would sell it for at least 150!

Hmm.. I think thats the same headset I got free with my 6230i. I'd have to factor that into the decision so! Other than the volume issue, theres no real problem with my 6230i, I just have a yearning for a new shiney thing really.

The card in my 6230i is 32mb.. Does the 6233 come with a card similar in capacity?

Cheers for all the info regedit!

Trotter wrote:
    Hmm.. I think thats the same headset I got free with my 6230i. I'd have to factor that into the decision so! Other than the volume issue, theres no real problem with my 6230i, I just have a yearning for a new shiney thing really.

The card in my 6230i is 32mb.. Does the 6233 come with a card similar in capacity?

Cheers for all the info regedit!

As far as I know, it's a 64 MB card with 6233 but not worth it. I think you need to invest into at least 1 Gig.
    So far, nice phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If your bluetooth works with a 6230i it should work with your 6233.
    It's a transflash memory card that your phone takes.
    It's got a 2MP camera and 3G download speeds.

Here's a side by side comparison ...
    http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=1387&idPhone1=1087
    6230i photos - http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_6230i-pictures-1087.php
    6233 photos - http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_6233-pictures-1387.php

Hope that helps some!

Thanks for all the info!

I've lost the feckn instructions for the bluetooth headset that came with the 6230i.. I'll have some job setting it up for the new one.

Trotter wrote:
    Thanks for all the info!

I've lost the feckn instructions for the bluetooth headset that came with the 6230i.. I'll have some job setting it up for the new one.

FYI, Pairing instructions are here

Google should get you the manual pretty quick. What model is it?

On Nokia a lot of them will pickup right away, on Motorola it's usually a case of holding down the answer button for about 10 seconds until it goes solid blue .. then searching for it on your phone .. then entering 0000 as the code. Sony Ericsson / generic ones usually follow suit aswell.

++ edit - I see he's just linked you right to your manual!

regedit wrote:
    FYI, Pairing instructions are here

Legend :)

• Advertisement

Well I took the jump and bought it. Its a nice little jobbie alright!

Two things I've noticed about it so far are its tendency to lose the signal and forget to get it back even if Im in an area of full signal. (Basically if it loses signal for any length of time, I have to turn it off and back on again).

Also.. Sometimes it says Im gone into the 3rd text message when Im typing a long message, but in reality, each text can be 160 characters according to o2 so Im really only barely in the second one usually. Funnily enough, this fixes itself from time to time. Weird!!

Any other observations?

If you don't use the 3G on your phone then switch it to GSM mode only. You'll notice an increase in reception.

I think it's in: menu> settings> phone settings> network mode or something similiar.

ciaranfo wrote:
    If you don't use the 3G on your phone then switch it to GSM mode only. You'll notice an increase in reception.

I think it's in: menu> settings> phone settings> network mode or something similiar.

Yep, I did that and it improved. It has only happened once in 2 days since I changed to GSM only. Before that it happened everytime I went into my kitchen. Ya see the problem? Be able to text.. but starve.

Advertisement