Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying memory for a Sony Vaio Laptop

• 01-10-2006 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭

Anyone bought RAM recently for a vaio, kingston, via a re-seller are charging
    stg 77.13 for 512mb delivered to Ireland.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Try www.shop4memory.com they are based in Kildare and do free shipping.

Cal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Look at crucial.com/eu as well as shop4memory.com for cheaper memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Got an extra 512 fitted in the Laptop Shop when I bought my Vaio 2 weeks ago. Matched 'Laptops Direct' price of 90.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

PC World's stock of DDR2 pc4300 ram - if your vaio is recent and takes that memory - is quite reasonable, almost as good as online prices. I got 512mb for my Vaio for about 60 euro, new obviously. Might have saved a tenner if I bought online but I wasn't bothered waiting and wanted to be just able to go in, get the ram and stick it in.

77STG for a 512 module is a total rip off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Cal wrote:
    Try www.shop4memory.com they are based in Kildare and do free shipping.

Cal.
    tks, they now have a new website with lower prices but no free shipping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Still says free shipping to UK and Ireland for shop4memory.com.

ircoha wrote:
    tks, they now have a new website with lower prices but no free shipping.

Not that I can see. Is it a different URL?

Delivery services

* Registered Airmail*:
    UK (2-3 working days): FREE
    Ireland (1-2 working days): FREE
    EU countries + Norway + Switzerland (2-5 working days): EUR 4.00
    Other countries (5-10 working days): EUR 10.00

* DHL Express** (more info):
    UK: EUR 15.00
    EU countries + Norway + Switzerland: EUR 18.00
    Other countries: Contact us for shipping quote

Cal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

The new site http://www.memory-configurator.com/

From them via email:
    The aim with this re-desinging of the websites is to offer some of the most competitive prices available in Ireland. Unfortunately, offering even lower prices makes it harder to subsidise shipping - which means we decided to no longer offer free delivery for orders placed on the new site. Any product you purchase from shop4memory.com has a shipping cost calculated into the price and this is what we wanted to avoid on the new site.

I can inform you that we pay EUR 5.50 for every registered package we send within Ireland so I do feel that us offering this service at EUR 5 is reasonable. The "normal postal" option which we do on shop4memory unfortunately is something we are phasing out. If an item were to go missing via normal post (which happens to us several times per week!) it would not be insured and we would incur the loss in this case.

Over the next 4-5 months you will notice that shop4memory will be re-launched with a brand new design, which will be powered by the same database as on MemoryC.com. From this point we will also do away with the free delivery option on shop4memory for the reasons discussed above.

I can assure you that the changes we are making are not an attempt to make extra profit on the orders we are processing every day - it is to enable us to offer a wider range of products at better-than-ever prices. Additionally these changes will allow us to better compete with some of the very large UK and European e-commerce sites that are increasing their sales in Ireland every month.

As a 100% Irish company we are firmly committed to our Irish customer base and we are making lots of changes to remain competitive in a very tough marketplace.

I hope this explaines the situation.

Kindest regards,

Helen Greene

www.shop4memory.com

Looks good.

Cal.

Advertisement