Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One night stands vs. Relationships. Which are YOU?!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm totally anti-relationship, so I would say one night stands rule easily. Too many benefits of being single and you shouldn't have to need anybody that you potentially haven't met yet(if you have friends and family you definitely shouldn't need anyone else)

Two things that've always bugged me about relationships is the two types:-

1) The ones where people have stated they've been madly in love with someone and have decided that they're "the one", and their partner feels the same way, and then a few months later they have broken up because of some stupid disagreement. I had a friend who was in a 4 year "strong loving" relationship and she dumped him because he didnt want marriage and she did but yet they both were living together and still both wanted to have kids. If they're "the one" how can you let an argument like that break up everything?

and 2) The ones that don't fall in the above category who are basically moaning about their relationships all the time saying it's making them depressed, and "she won't let me do this" or "he keeps criticizing what i wear" but for some strange reason decide to stay in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Smiley012

I don't see the point in one night stands, I have been there and I find them unfulfilling. I don't feel comfortable with someone who just wants a f*ck, and to have sex with someone, it's sooooo much better if I'm comfortable with them, EVERYTHING is so much better!!

So yeah, relationships all the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 imonboards

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    That doesnt mean I dont want a relationship, I just never get the opputunity to be in one?

Exactly. A relationship requires both parties to want one - and sometimes you meet someone you really want a relationship with - but there are huge external factors (work/time/location) that without radical change in either parties lives to make it work - a relationship is like climbing a mountain.

Advertisement