Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which console are you buying/have bought?

Options
  • 02-10-2006 2:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭

Just wanted to get an idea of what people are going to be playing on in general next gen.

Which next gen console are you getting/have you got? 91 votes

Wii
    0%
    PS3
    53%
    mewsothe corpoTheFatTuskyGoodshapekonekoMr EtmanCreatureRabiesJimKevokDapperGentzAbbomagickdaywalkerbrianoni_am_dogboyprojectmayhemSeeker 49 votes
    Xbox 360
    10%
    konekoCreatureCivilServantprojectmayhemClankikolStoichkovCuddlesworthBlowfishProwetod 10 votes
    Anything else
    35%
    tHE vAGGABONDClovertony 2 toneTheFatTuskykonekotmanRabiesKevoksimonp1i_am_dogboyprojectmayhemmonkeyfudgeskywalkerJazzyJhshorttHeadshotHolstenquad_redCiaran500 32 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

PS3
    there was one of these polls a few weeks ago just search and then post in that

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Anything else
    I have a 360 and I've preordered a Wii. No intention of buying a PS3 until it's much lower in price and something I want to play comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

PS3
    Will be getting a Wii, may get a 360 at some point. Probably won't bother with the PS3 for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Anything else
    I'm getting a wii, flatmate Ps3, other flatmate has plans to buy a x-box 360 and piss on it. All is well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Darnell13

PS3
    I've pre ordered Wii, cos i want it most. I really want a 360, but i'm gonna wait till next year for 2 reasons. First, i can't really afford 2 new consoles, so i'll wait a while and hopefully the price will drop a bit more, and Second, I hardly have enough time to play my ps2, gamecube and ds as it is. I've still a load of this gen stuff to take care of before i go mad buying new stuff.

I'm gettin Wii for Zelda, Red Steel and Mario (and Wii sports, if I'm honest).
    I'd love to play Dead Rising and Just Cause, though. And Hitman Blood Money with the best graphics. A few more like these and I migh have to loosen the old purse strings earlier than I'd like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Anything else
    i have a 360 and have pre-ordered a wii .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Anything else
    have a 360, will get a wii and ps3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

PS3
    I eat , sleep and Wii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

PS3
    gonna get a Wii!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Anything else
    Got a 360, not interested in any others at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I probably won't get any of them until they're mid-life (i.e. cheaper with a much wider range of games available). Until then I'll get along just fine with my PC :)

GTA 4 could cause an impulse purchase, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Anything else
    Kevok wrote:
    I have a 360 and I've preordered a Wii. No intention of buying a PS3 until it's much lower in price and something I want to play comes out.
    Same as my self
    ii cant wait for the wii

im wasn't the biggest fan of Nintendo but after the ds im converted to the big N

but i love my xbox 360 too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Anything else
    Will be getting a Wii, may get a 360 at some point. Probably won't bother with the PS3 for a long time.
    Exactly the same here.
    Have my Wii preordered and may grab a 360 if Assassin's Creed's gameplay matches the visuals...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Anything else
    Probably the Wii, maybe the 360.

Ps3..... I want one, but the price is just too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Wiiiiiiiiii!

\o/

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

PS3
    Surprised the PS3 number is so low.
    Sony have priced themselves out of the market, I think.

WII for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Anything else
    I probably should have thought about my answer more. I have a 360 and I've pre-ordered my Wii. I was planning on getting a PS3 at some point but now I'm not sure. Maybe eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

PS3
    Wii coming soon, with the possibility of an 360 later next year (when it drops in price and has some good games)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

interesting results I must say. I honestly thought there would be much more brainwashed Playstation ppl out there. Which is what sony are relying on it seems. Begining to wonder if the PS3 will bomb!

As for me I'm quite a happy camper with my PC. I'll wait and see if I'm actually missing out once the other two consoles are out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Anything else
    Cunny-Funt wrote:
    interesting results I must say. I honestly thought there would be much more brainwashed Playstation ppl out there. Which is what sony are relying on it seems. Begining to wonder if the PS3 will bomb!

As for me I'm quite a happy camper with my PC. I'll wait and see if I'm actually missing out once the other two consoles are out.

I think it's a small selection of gamers in Ireland that use online.

The Playstation sections on Irish sites doesn't seem too popular which sort of leads me to the conclusion that Playstation owners don't discuss stuff online too much or at least Irish Playstation owners don't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Stoichkov

Xbox 360
    I voted ps3 and wii.

Im not totally sold on the wii though as its pricier than I'd hoped, plus I'm still not convinced that the controller isn't a gimmick (because it may be good for a few mins but if you're playing for any length of time it'll be a bit impractical). It'll be the first nintendo machine I've bought since the original gameboy. I really want trauma center 2nd opinion....

I voted ps3 as I believe (unless it bombs in japan) it will cater to my tastes (ff, dq, mgs, dmc, nippon ichi games) far better than the 360. Even though ms is going for a more diverse selection of games this time round, with a far improved level of rpgs, I still feel that it'll have too many fps/racing/doa games.

tbh I'm more than happy with the current gen, especially with games like subsistence, okami, disgaea 2, god of war 2 and ffXII coming out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

PS3
    Stoichkov wrote:
    tbh I'm more than happy with the current gen, especially with games like subsistence, okami, disgaea 2, god of war 2 and ffXII coming out.

Yeah I totally agree the ps 2 still has alot to offer, six years on from its release and there are still some great titles coming out :)

As for the vote I went with the Wii, but tbh I will be waiting a while to see what the initial reaction is before I jump in.

Advertisement