Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Small accident..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Just make sure she has enough rope to hang herself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Brilliant! Would love to hear her trying to claim how it was your fault!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Yes but what if yer wan was in the process of reversing out before yer man drove behind her...................

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 14,924 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

if you're reversing out you have to yield to cars driving behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Women & reversing eh :D

Make sure you let your insurance company know as if she has signed any accident forms, it will show her as a fraud & will be recorded against her name, so if she is in any future accidents it will be noted that she previously lied. She will also have to disclose these details if she moves to a differant insurance company :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Keith C wrote:
    if she has signed any accident forms, it will show her as a fraud & will be recorded against her name, so if she is in any future accidents it will be noted that she previously lied. She will also have to disclose these details if she moves to a differant insurance company :)
    In fact, give it a few days so she has a chance to get all the paperwork submitted complete with lies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

Yes but what if yer wan was in the process of reversing out before yer man drove behind her...................

He didn't drive behind her, he was stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

seeing something like this just warms the cockles of ones heart. Cheers Ronanom.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Did you get her insurance details? I would contact them and let them know also. That way if she puts a claim in on her insurance after she is found out for fraud... she may get nothing :D

Saruman wrote:
    Did you get her insurance details? I would contact them and let them know also. That way if she puts a claim in on her insurance after she is found out for fraud... she may get nothing :D

Think we might just leave it up to the guard to decide...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Delighted to hear that ye got the evidence ye needed. Nice to see lying barstewards and their female equivalents getting caught out!

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Wait until the last second when she has made a statement/claim. Contact her and threaten to send it to the gardai unless she gives you a wad of cash. Make sure to do your homework and be able to tell her exactly how the gardai siochana would feel about such information.
    Well.............. someone had to say it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

If that happened to me I definately wouldn't settle out of court. Regardless of what money you'd be getting the satisfaction of a some woman that's able to afford to drive X5 going to court and all her friends finding out about would be pretty satisfying!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Let her get named and shamed in the local paper (not here, obviously, in case it damaged ye're case).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Bicky wrote:
    Wait until the last second when she has made a statement/claim. Contact her and threaten to send it to the gardai unless she gives you a wad of cash. Make sure to do your homework and be able to tell her exactly how the gardai siochana would feel about such information.
    Well.............. someone had to say it!
    i'm fairly sure blackmail is illegal and would hurt any case he took against her

OP, make sure yoiu watch the tape first and make sure there's no way she can twist it around to make it look like its somehow your fault

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Who said the word blackmail? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

suscribing to this thread as I'm interested in the outcome.....:p

good luck against that bitch, RONANOM...:D

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Well it's not me - it's the brother...an assessor is coming out to assess the damage to out car this week...
    I think he has a sore neck ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Conar

I just had to subscribe to this thread to keep myself updated.
    What a feckin hore!
    I can't believe the nerve of some people. Hang her out to dry man!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Man, ya gotta love Karma.......... sweeeeeeeeeet!!! :D

I hope the b*tch gets everything she deserves.. would definitely leave it go to court, feck the money, its shaming the life out of her that would make me soooooooooooo happy.. once I got my car fixed, I wouldnt give a toss about anything else except her getting what she deserves.

Money, especially the amount to fix your car, is nothing to people to people like that. Afterall she's driving a SUV worth close to 100k, €1700 would be pittance.

Shaming her and blackening her name would be worth a hell of a lot more to me.. :p

Keep us posted OP.

Tox

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

A similar thing happened to my Uncle this year at a garage in Tralee (which I won't name for the boards sake) Anyway the owner proprietor of the garage tried to blame my uncle and a friend who were visiting the garage showroom for backing into another customers car and amid my uncle and his friends strong complaints. The son of yer man came in and said... "da... I kinda backed into one of the cars out there".

The father had seen it happening and tried pinning it on my uncle, however the son never knew it happened and came in owning up for fear of the father going mad.

My advice to the OP take that lady to the cleaners and sue her for defamation of character too if you get video evidence of her backing into you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Additional thought RONANOM.

I think that insurance companies have a central database (INSURANCELINK ???) on which they enter claimants' names and addresses. I know they did this for people claiming personal injuries so that they could pick up people making multiple claims against several insurers.

I do not know if they do this for property damage cases.

Ask the insurance company to input her name to the database to see if she turns up as a hit with any other company. Be sure they enter HER name as if there is any claim for property damage that will be in her husband's name if he owns the vehicle that she was driving.

Finally, be sure to get a copy of that tape from the security camera for yourself as if that central piece of evidence happens to go missing your chances of defending the case will disappear. You would be amazed at how evidence can disappear these days !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

NUTLEY BOY wrote:
    Finally, be sure to get a copy of that tape from the security camera for yourself as if that central piece of evidence happens to go missing your chances of defending the case will disappear. You would be amazed at how evidence can disappear these days !!!
    I second this. One tenth of what you'd sue the women, she'd pay to get that tape to dissappear...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Make sure you make copies of the tape! Was your brother in the car at the time? If so hows his neck?;) That b1tch deserves all she gets, its the likes of liars and cheats like her have the country in the state its in.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

If she has already shown she may know the Garda in question, MAKE A COPY OF THE TAPE and send one to the insurers. Pronto.

Update....Dad rang her on the Sunday saying he was going to be taking a claim on her insurance and she said she was going to counter claim..
    He told here there was CCTV and she went quiet but didnt back down...

Today she has admitted responsibility for it...Will have to find out more

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'd go to court over it tbh, kick that lying b1tch while she's down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Interesting thread....

Great to see that she had admitted responsibility. Hopefully she will settle for the cost of damage to your car.

But......... Several people have mentioned sore necks. WTF??? If Ronanom's brother has genuine personal injury, then thats fair enough. But if this is not the case, then it would be just as bad as what she tried to do.
    It would be false and also insurance fraud.

So unless the victim said he had personal injury, then don't suggest he try to fraud the insurance company. Thats the kind of thing that has Irish insurance companies in the state they are!!!!

Interesting thread....

Great to see that she had admitted responsibility. Hopefully she will settle for the cost of damage to your car.

But......... Several people have mentioned sore necks. WTF??? If Ronanom's brother has genuine personal injury, then thats fair enough. But if this is not the case, then it would be just as bad as what she tried to do.
    It would be false and also insurance fraud.

So unless the victim said he had personal injury, then don't suggest he try to fraud the insurance company. Thats the kind of thing that has Irish insurance companies in the state they are!!!!

Go get a joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

louie wrote:
    Next time try to get a written confession from the other party signed and dated including time.
    Unfortunately she changed her story in her favour which is not nice, but if you can not prove it, you are in the wrong.

Or even better try and remember if you have a phone capable of such to do a video recording on it of the other party stating as such.

Advertisement