Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rising Damp or Leak????

Options
  • 02-10-2006 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi i have noticed water in the corner of our side passage in the last few days.

It accumulates in the corner where our garage meets our boundary wall with our neighbour.

Both garages are joined ans the boundary wall that extends back down the garden has been built up and covered in on both sides.

On the flat roof above (right above this problem corner) is a gutter pipe. It is looks just a hole in the middle of the flat roof but it is a drain pipe and it runs down my neighbours wall on their side of the boundary wall in the corner. They are also getting this water.

Do we have a damp problem or is there a leak somewhere????

I really don't know where to start.

The wall is actually wet for about 2 feet up from the ground along the corner and if you soak up the water from the corner with a cloth, immediately you see a new drop form in the grout of the tiling in the corner (New tiles)

It is now seeping through to the floor in our garage also.

Any advice would be welcome.

The corner in question:
    IMG_1169.jpg

The side passage
    IMG_1168.jpg

The garage corner
    IMG_1170.jpg

The roof (with cutter in centre of picture)
    IMG_1172.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭hughm

Now that it has stopped raining the wet is disappearing and the wall is no longer to the touch.

GUess that rules out rising damp, seems more like a leak somewhere

Advertisement