Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Argh!!!!

Options
  • 02-10-2006 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Ok, i'm very disorganised.

I moved a few months ago and it took a while to change the address listed on my log book. And because of this(i think), i didn't receive the motor tax renewal notice, hence my tax has now expired. I want to fill in the form to pay the arrears and get myself up to date, but it says i need to send in my NCT cert with the renewal form. My NCT is also out of date, my test is on sunday.

So, what is one to do? I can't renew my tax until i get the NCT, but i hate driving around without this kinda stuff, and i have a service booked for Wednesday. So i have no choice but to drive!!
    I can manage cycling to work for a week if needs be.

ugh!! Disorganisation is the work of the devil. :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Go into the tax office. They won't ask for an NCT. It's not neccessary anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Lets hope you don't meet a Garda in a bad mood. It was posted on these boards before that they wouldn't fine you for no NCT but they will now based on recent comments on the boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

LundiMardi wrote:
    i didn't receive the motor tax renewal notice, hence my tax has now expired
    The renewal letter is just a courtesy. The onus is on the owner to ensure that the vehicle is taxed.

Re NCT - what overdriver said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

The renewal letter is just a courtesy. The onus is on the owner to ensure that the vehicle is taxed.

I know, but i'm uber lazy, and i'm used to getting a nice renewal notice:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

overdriver wrote:
    Go into the tax office. They won't ask for an NCT. It's not neccessary anymore.
    Thank you:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement