Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would it make any difference getting it in?

• 02-10-2006 11:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭

I was looking at some pistols to get for airsoft and i came across one of my all time favourite weapon: Desert Eagle. Now it says on the stats for it that it is 'approx' 330 fps with green gas, would 2fps extra really make a difference in shipping it in although the legal limit is 328fps?

Cheers,
    Cravez

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

Just dont use green in it! Tell them its for 134a not green.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

cheers thanks :) . But if i was to use 134a gas would i still be able to get this gun would you reckon? without getting it licensed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Generally the FPS measure is an overstatement, it also might vary on what gas you use. Send an email and get them to test it first, I got a slip of paper with my rifle (airsoftwarehouse) saying it was checked and had a high fps of 318, a low of 312 and an avg of 315. I'd expect wolf to do the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

well it say approx. 330fps (on green gas). so some shots would be under the 1j limit as shooting power isnt consistantly the same.(good example being my mac11 gbb. some of the bbs puncture a can. some bounce off and shoot straight back at me :)) however some of them could even go over the 330 mark.

if there are no markings on the box saying its for use with green gas, or has a 330fps written on it somewhere, the 134a excuse could work with customs on the off chance that its pulled.

i doubt it would though. i mean do they actually chronograph guns? my outside postage packing was opened, but the actual guns themselves were completely untouched in their wrappings. so they deffinately werent opened/assembled/fired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭KutjeBef

I think there is a couple of % play in it. Meaning that you can be a few feet over within limits.
    Like with speeding, If you do 63 where you are allowed to do 60, you won't be fined.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

KutjeBef wrote:
    I think there is a couple of % play in it. Meaning that you can be a few feet over within limits.
    Like with speeding, If you do 63 where you are allowed to do 60, you won't be fined.
    Actually thats not true because it depends on who stopped you. Like if the Garda got his hole the night before he probably wouldnt...but if he didnt he could fine you and give you the points. Get my analogy there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

well i found another site that uses the same gun with 134a gas, they said with this gas the gun fires at 250fps, where as with green gas its around 330fps. So i suppose i could get it, just on the fact i have to use 134a gas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I have the deagle tm and its nice, got a real kick to it,
    however the 134a gas is the recommeded gas to use, the green gas can invalidate your warenty due to the higher power .

Advertisement