Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buckled alloy - options?

Options
  • 02-10-2006 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    last week I hit a mega pothole which wrecked one of my alloys and caused a blowout as well while driving on the extremely well-maintained Edenderry to Enfield road. Brought the wheel to a place to get checked and they say its beyond repair. I just had the alloys refurbed a month ago which is even more sickening. I am aware that there is some kind of claims process for such incidents but don't know much about it - I assume its a fairly futile exercise. I went out with a camera Friday to take a pic of the wheel by the hole only to find the hole filled - typical.
    Anyways, I'd just like to see what options are open to me...is there anywhere around that sells single alloys? I am loathe to buy a new set as I was just about to put the car up for sale, it'd be a complete waste of money I don't have right now. Currently I am faced with a 60 mile commute and no spare so any advice would be much appreciated. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Johnnycabs wrote:
    Hi all
    last week I hit a mega pothole which wrecked one of my alloys and caused a blowout as well while driving on the extremely well-maintained Edenderry to Enfield road. Brought the wheel to a place to get checked and they say its beyond repair. I just had the alloys refurbed a month ago which is even more sickening. I am aware that there is some kind of claims process for such incidents but don't know much about it - I assume its a fairly futile exercise. I went out with a camera Friday to take a pic of the wheel by the hole only to find the hole filled - typical.
    Anyways, I'd just like to see what options are open to me...is there anywhere around that sells single alloys? I am loathe to buy a new set as I was just about to put the car up for sale, it'd be a complete waste of money I don't have right now. Currently I am faced with a 60 mile commute and no spare so any advice would be much appreciated. thanks
    I got a local exhaust shop to order me in a replica a yr or so ago to replace one wheel on my car. It was nearly €200, so I changed my mind. Found a set of 4 on B&S with tyres for €400 and split the set with someone else who was looking for 2. Got the spare replaced for an alloy in the process aswell and at least they were genuine wheels.

What car you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

Hello
    its a 98 Celica, the wheels are Toora

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

There's a crowd out in Bray who repair alloys for €90, although I can't remember their name. Hopefully someone else here may?

Advertisement