Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US: 2X07 - "Buried" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

• 02-10-2006 12:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN "BURIED" -

Episode Title: "Buried"
    Airdate: October 2nd 2006

TV.com Summary:
    Michael, Sucre, T-Bag and C-Note claim the hidden treasure.

An anxious Lincoln risks everything to get to LJ. LJ grows wary about the easy getaway.

Kellerman rethinks where his loyalties lie after Sarah gets to The Company's hit list. Mahone results to deadly force to get the truth out of Tweener.

Next Episode: 2X08 - "Dead Fall" - October 30th 2006

What did you think of "Buried"? 37 votes

0%
    16%
    Our man in HavanaWashoutChongCactus Colmegs_88ShiverinEskimo 6 votes
    35%
    Mr EAquos76matrimWaltonsColm_OReillyfailsafemurfieMetacortexRollo TamasisunzzgustavoJay RuDMBandit 13 votes
    37%
    Mossy Monkjor elDampsquidpodge3slave1BasqShrimpHolstenmicksdjkeoghpokerwidowAgamemnonUmaronah_biy! 14 votes
    5%
    tvnutzawhir 2 votes
    2%
    GrumPy 1 vote
    0%
    0%
    0%
    2%
    bounty 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Enjoy it while it lasts people.

No new episodes for 4 WEEKS!!! :eek:

Suppose it was coming seeing as we got 7 episodes in a row to start the season without a break!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

4 WEEKS.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

4 Weeks!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

bastards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah noooooooooooo :(
    At least Lost is back this week.

just after looking on the internet and it would seem it is after episode 9 that the break happens

http://www.myepisodes.com/views.php?type=epsbyshow&showid=225

so 3 more including tonights before the break

• Advertisement

Mossy Monk wrote:
    so 3 more including tonights before the break
    Are you sure? Cos those baseball playoff's are affecting Fox's schedule left, right and center.. field! (........ little baseball humour there! :D)

TV.com, EpGuides.com report the next episode as October 30th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

how many threads are going to pop up during the prison break famine that resemble this:

'where is this weeks discussion thread?'
    'when is the next pb episode on?'

I'm going to go for 4 threads.

basquille wrote:
    Are you sure? Cos those baseball playoff's are affecting Fox's schedule left, right and center.. field! (........ little baseball humour there! :D)

TV.com, EpGuides.com report the next episode as October 30th.

some sites say 3 more episodes, more say break after tonight

and with the Baseball reaching it climax then i'd say you are right. damn Baseball (i'll be watching that anyway :rolleyes: :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

TmB wrote:
    Ah noooooooooooo :(
    At least Lost is back this week.

it is? when, where why how maybe? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

When: October 4th
    Where: ABC
    How: flights are booked for tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Really enjoyed this episode!

Was very sad to see Tweener go he was turning into a likeable character. will be interesting to see what the hell Sucre has planned.

Haywire and his raft:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Awwwww Tweener :-( NOoooo.

It was so romantic when he turned up at your wunn's house :(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Wow,Tweener is dead...and Mahone is a cold blooded murderer. Didn't think he would actually shoot him. Was the telling the truth about that Oscar Shales guy? I remember an FBI agent mentioning he had been the one that got away for Mahone. Or did Mahone actually murder Shales as well?

What is Sucre at? How stupid can you get,millions of dollars right in front of them and he decides to become an idiot.

Will Kellerman switch sides and save Sarah??? Its looking that way.They are really eating through the cast at this stage! 3 down so far this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

What a shocker!! I was sure it was only a interrogation tactic by Mahone to get the location of the house but no way! And it does look almost certain the time Kellerman spent with sarah and also the fact he is been cast out by the presidents henchman that he will switch sides, but who knows with the way the Mahone turnaround went where the story is gonna go. Was sure they were gonna keep him as a good guy.

Sucre is screwed either way now, they will leave him high and dry when they get back on the run!

wow, didnt see that coming. Tweener the poor bastard. Mahone is nuts
    what the **** is Sucre playing at?
    i think Kellerman is going to turn sides too. the way he reacted when that chinese guy mentioned how Sarah is a problem too

where does it go from here

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Really enjoyed this episode also, its a real pity that we have to wait 3 more weeks before another one. Still though the promo really like we are in for another excellent episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Have to say I also really enjoyed this ep. Good suspense and good dialogue throughout. Didn't see Tweener getting shot though; Mahone is a nutjob! Eejit Suchre letting himself get talked into changing his mind at that stage.
    Can't wait to see what the story is with Link trying to get LJ now!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just hoping that some one can clarify something for me, when mahone says "I got nothing against you kid, but they do", is he refering to the company, or is he just plain crazy? It seems to me that the company may want the fox river 8 dead just by association with Micheal and Link. I.e. Mahone organising Abruzzi's "arrest" so that he is killed. Anyone else think the same?

possibly...

Who is that with Sara in the room with the planted stash. If it's Kellierman then he obviously isn't going to switch sides. It must be him though. The effort that was put into the candles and everything...although it could just as easily be her ex-BF back on the scene. (sara looked Fine with a captial F while walking thru the city, nice)

Thought Linc going after Linc Jn was kinda thick. Michael didn't cop on at all that it may be a stunt to re-capture him. Ah well...

TBag had some quality moments too....'why they always make me out to be a physcopath?'. Christ, he took out the asian guys eyes did he?

As for Tweener...sorry to see him go. It was a big surprise. I thought for a while he was to setup Tbag but arrange it so that the others got away, but i couldn't think of how he could have played that. I thought Mahone was letting him escape as well for a second, but nah..he shot in the neck.

They ****ed up the plant. Mahone gives Tweener the gun which fired out 4/5 shots...so it looks like Tweener shot that gun 4/5 times but Mahone's 2nd gun isn't missing any bulletts, so how did Tweener die? Suicide ?

Plus he shot him 4/5 times while handcuffed against a van. How is going to get out of that one?

The Gov. getting hung like that came as a shock too. I thought he was going to follow up the political lead into the President and the cover up with Burrrows. I expect that job to go to Lincs father who i think will appear with LJ soon enough.

Wonder what key is for too. Haven't seen that before tonight.

i would just to like to add that the Haywire bits were complete testicles.
    what a waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Strange episode indeed. Who are the 'They' Mahone referred to? Why would The Company want all 8 of the escapees taken out? It's only Michael and Linc that that know anything, the rest are meaningless. I did think he was referring to The Company at first, then I thought maybe he meant the other escapees, but makes no sense. Now I'm just confused.

As for Sucre, why does everyone assume he's turned against them? He could be stealing all the money for himself. That was my initial thought anyway.

Why are the tv.com summaries always so wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

Poor little Tweener :eek: I thought Malone was going to shot his leg, but surely there will be no GSR on Tweeners hands.

What the hell is Sucre at? The cop did look a little like his mrs but I don't think he is suddenly going to want to turn himself in.

No secret message tonight but what are the odds that the one in the envelope translates to Bolshoi Blues are whatever the name was.

And the key with the kings crown symbol, the plot thickens.

Excellent episode..

I knew Tweener would bite it.. but i was really warming to the kid. And showing up at Debra Jean's house was very well played - in terms of the tensiont that he actually ratted on the lads and also as a little bit of a hope that Tweener had a future in terms of writing to Debra Jean and such... but Mahone's wry smile clearly suggested it was not to be.

And Christ.. that was so feckin' cold-blooded of Mahone. The "they" comment - the first thing i thought was this may refer to his "inner demons". I know - it's quite hokey and all that but all those pills he's slamming and that temper, he clearly has some psychological problems. But this is just my guess - as nothing else has been mentioned to suggest an outside interest in the Fox River 8.

Some brillant dialogue in this episode.. from T-Bag and C-Note especially ("Mr KKK over here's gonna have an Asian hand!" :D).

Sucre obviously has taken the situation with Maricruz to heart.. and has clearly suffered a bout of feckin' insanity. Interesting to see where all this goes.. and Sucre was the one guy i thought would betray them. But then again after seeing him cold reaction when he met Michael last week, it didn't suprise me too much either.

The Haywire stuff was a waste of time.. but turning into Tom Hanks all of a sudden. Loved the ".. make a raft starting with this... no, no.. this stick!" line! :D He really is a nutjob!

My one minor criticism for the episode: try focusing on maybe one or two groups of people.. don't try and fit everyone into one episode to develop even a tiny piece of storyline for them. The LJ stuff was required to set up for the Linc rescue but the Haywire stuff (and elements of the Sarah storyline) definitely wasn't!

Gave it a 8.. would have gotten another star if the stories weren't a bit crowded. Feckin' 3 weeks to the next one!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

I think Sucre is taking the money so he can give it to Maricruz and the baby.

I Like the Haywire bits, nice bit of comic relif.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Good episode but very annoying, why kill him?! Was really starting to like Tweener and thought he was going to be let go...

Damn you Mahone!

The wait for the next one will be a killer!

Was it just me or did the guy who came to give LJ his release papers look a lot like Hale?

gustavo wrote:
    Was it just me or did the guy who came to give LJ his release papers look a lot like Hale?
    I thought the EXACT same thing.. had to do a double take on that.

It wasn't until i heard the guy speak that i said "no that's not Hale!"

Done a little composite of the two.... face is quite similar though the guy in the episode yesterday had an overall slimmer build and face.. still had to do a double take on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

you like jerky!

everything else has pretty much been posted..

oh the "they" thing - i thought the same thing as basquille, voices in his head or something - cant see who else he would mean...
    Christ, he took out the asian guys eyes did he?
    i dont think those were eyes in the pic, i think the blood and scissors etc. is prob jst from the hand operation

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2308823/

Thats the guy who looks like Hale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

possibly...

Who is that with Sara in the room with the planted stash. If it's Kellierman then he obviously isn't going to switch sides. It must be him though. The effort that was put into the candles and everything...although it could just as easily be her ex-BF back on the scene. (sara looked Fine with a captial F while walking thru the city, nice)
    My guess is that it's the same guard who was present at the supposed "suicide" of her father. Though Kellerman will get there in time to put a stop to this suicide-cover up attempt.

Next episode will hopefully begin with a thirty second close up on Sucre followed by "Just pullin the piss lads, I've always wanted to do that since we broke out of that damn prison!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

to be honest, Sucre was always easily manipulated by anyone who has ever talked to him.

wasnt he talked into robbing the store?

Scofield and C-Note also manipulated him when in the prison. so its so in characther that he is really gullable.

didnt see the whole Tweener being shot thing...thought he was just gonna have a gun put to his head and frightened into ratting the group out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

basquille wrote:
    I thought the EXACT same thing.. had to do a double take on that.

It wasn't until i heard the guy speak that i said "no that's not Hale!"

Done a little composite of the two.... face is quite similar though the guy in the episode yesterday had an overall slimmer build and face.. still had to do a double take on that.

Yeah I thought that too.....they are very alike.

Damn, I can't believe they killed the Governor! :( And I was sad about Tweener too, I liked the way his character had developed over the course of this series.

Kellerman so has the hots for Sarah, the way he was staring at her like a lovesick puppy from the car. Think he will end up helping her.

Speaking of dogs, hope Haywire doesn't do anything to the dog! Actually, it would be cool if Haywire just built his raft and FECKED OFF! :mad:

The timeline is really confusing me at the moment. The way they were talking about meeting up in a few days.. I imagine that will happen close to the end of the series, so are the rest of the episodes going to take place over a very short period of time, OR is the planned meeting going to happen in a few episodes time and then JUST as they're making their final escape something happens to throw a spanner in the words AGAIN :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

No-one commits suicide by shooting themselves several times. It won't be long before Mahone slips up..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Obo

Mahone was holding two guns. I don't think the one he put in Tweener's hands was the one that was shot. He wasn't trying to make it look like Tweener was shooting.
    A con got his hands on a gun, you don't wait around or try to talk him out of it, you just shoot him! It's in the FBI manual. :)

The only question is how he explains Tweener got a gun in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

Obo wrote:
    It's in the FBI manual. :)

PM me that when you get a chance. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

I dunno about Sucre... it is very possible that this is just one of mikes plans (remember him getting the fabulous Nika, to play Bellick),
    Anyways what grinds my gears about it though, is why don't the others just tie up t-bag and let him for the cops to find, yet they are all one happy family again after finding the dosh (well before Sucre spoils the party)

Poor ol Tweener, he's had it tough the last few weeks, didn't he'd get shot until he did! That ol Mahone, once a dirty cop always a dirty cop (just watch Invasion). And the Governor, damn the frag rate of this show is really hitting new heights. Strange to see Kellerman, hesistating when told Sara had a bullet with her name on it. This isn't the same stone cold blooded killer of last season, maybe he needs some new lovin since his boss became president.

Also, looks like Prison life has toughened up young LJ.. no more crying from him!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Yup, there were definitely 2 guns.
    Can't help but think we haven't heard the last of the recorder Tweener was wearing, but maybe not, crazy though Mahone is he probably wouldn't overlook something like that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Mr. Fichtner... FU.Ck! That was cold dawg!

I haven't felt tension like that since watching Season 1. Excellent ep. Michael gets frustrated and can't see anything but his master plan, so he can't see things if there's any sort of action. How many times has he yelled at someone when they're talking through a problem or gotten upset at a spanner in the works? So he wouldn't cop the LJ thing. (There's one douchebag I wouldn't mind being offed)

Haywire - light relief I believe. You people were asking "where's Haywire? Where's Haywire?" and now you complain. Geez! ;)

Sucre - spanner! But as mentioned he's maleable.

If I just found $5M I think I'd be too ecstatic to think about tying up T-Bag. Plus surely the cons know he's a popular character and killing him would ruin their chances at a season 3 paycheck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Obo wrote:
    Mahone was holding two guns. I don't think the one he put in Tweener's hands was the one that was shot. He wasn't trying to make it look like Tweener was shooting.
    A con got his hands on a gun, you don't wait around or try to talk him out of it, you just shoot him! It's in the FBI manual. :)

The only question is how he explains Tweener got a gun in the first place.
    I reckon Mahone planted his own primary carry gun on Tweener, having shot him with his (presumably) backup gun.

Some screen caps-

From episode 6 (but also seen in other episodes), Mahone with his primary gun (some flavour of Glock, a '17' I think), capturing Tweener in the first place:
    snapshot2nr7.jpg
    Note the flat sides and square profile of the slide.

Mahone shooting Tweener (as good an image I can get, I'm afraid :():
    snapshot4zn2.jpg
    Note the 'lump' at the rear of the slide (probably the safety or slide release) and the round profile of the top of the slide.

Mahone placing the gun in the recently deceased Tweener's hands:
    snapshot3ph4.jpg
    Note the square profile of the slide.

The gun in Tweener's hands:
    snapshot1fb0.jpg
    Looks identical to the gun in the first picture above to me.

I think he'll go with the old "the prisoner took control of my primary weapon and I was forced to defend myself with my backup weapon" explanation.

BUT ONLY ONE GUN WAS SHOT!
    The one tweener has in his hands...

• Advertisement

BUT ONLY ONE GUN WAS SHOT!
    The one tweener has in his hands...
    The gun in Tweener's hands (the Glock) wasn't FIRED (:rolleyes:) at all during the incident.

Look at the pictures again-

Mahone shooting Tweener:
    snapshot4zn2.jpg
    See the round top of the slide?

The gun in Tweener's hands:
    snapshot1fb0.jpg
    See the flat top of the slide?

Tweener was NOT shot with the gun planted in his hands.

nah, man. I beg to differ. I have watched that scene again and the gun that Mahone has mounted in his gun rest over his pants doesn't move at all.

One gun was used.

nah, man. I beg to differ. I have watched that scene again and the gun that Mahone has mounted in his gun rest over his pants doesn't move at all.
    Are you talking about a holster?
    I don't see a holster in the scene at all.
    One gun was used.
    I see two guns:
    snapshot3ph4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

I can't see whether Tweener firing would be an issue.

To paraphrase Mr. Cash
    "In his rage Tweener reached for his gun to draw,
    But Mahone drew and fired before he even saw,
    As Tweener crashed to the floor the crowd all gathered round,
    And wondered at his final words...

Don't take a gun from Mahone Dawg,
    Don't take a gun from Mahone Aiight,
    Don't take a gun from Mahone."

Anyway, Mahone shooting Tweener wasn't one continuous shot was it? Could we have seen him firing one gun, the switching to another and firing the rest from that? I've only watched it the once so I can't be certain.

Colm

k, just watched it again.
    mahone has two guns
    he shoots tweener with the gun in this right hand
    he walks over to tweener and places the gun that was in his right hand into tweeners hands
    he does nothing with the gun in his left hand

Rovi wrote:
    I see two guns:
    snapshot3ph4.jpg

one gun was fired i meant to say
    Are you talking about a holster?
    I don't see a holster in the scene at all

sorry, i don't know why i thought i saw a gun holster.
    must have had a acid flash back during the closing scenes or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Obo

snapshot3ph4.jpg
    You can clearly see in that shot that the muzzle of the gun is different. Squared not rounded, no brushed metal and a more prominent sight.

But if he wasn't going to switch guns, why have one in each hand at all? He wasn't holding a gun when he pulled the one to shot with.

He'd use his right hand to shot and to place a gun in Tweeners hands 'cause he's right handed. He has plenty of time from when he lowers the gun after shooting to pull out the other gun and switch it. But we don't see what his hands are doing in that gap.
    When he walks away he's even holding the other gun in his right hand again (it even looks like the one that was shot).

ugh... too much over analysing. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

What a great episode, so much stuff going on.

First of all - Mahone is a total psycho, poor Tweener, i was really starting to like him. He must have Oscar Shales under his bird bath.
    By 'they' im assuming he was referring to the voices in his head.

I think kellerman is going to switch sides now and help the doc.
    And Sucre, the langer, how could he do that? I thought they were amigos.
    I wasn't expecting Michael and Linc to be split up either

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Good ep, actually thought it was the end for tweener when i saw him alone with creepy cop driving on a deserted road. I thought he was going to shoot himself in the leg to deflect suspicion, suppose he'll claim tweeners gun jammed or something. Though, if the gun had been taken from he wasn't he kinda far away? you'd think he'd be about arms length away (too much csi I suppose) Never mind no gsr on the sleeves etc.

Oh, when I heard they I was thinking of the voicees in his head too. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Enough about the gun
    Looks like the precedent is set that all captured escapees will be killed as they could be aware of the whole "VP is still alive", there was no reason to kill Abrussi (sic) nor Eminem, but if they're willing to tale out the future VP then a few cover-up murders of escaped prisoners will not be a problem.
    Haywire was comic relief.
    Jazuz your one was a bit of a bet up dog, I wouldn't
    T had the best lines again
    Don't like that Mahone, not the character the actor, twas annoying in Invasion also
    We've lost 2 great characters to the program and we're left with 2 annoying brothers instead, shame

• Advertisement
Advertisement