Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small bee hive, at the back of the house

Options
  • 02-10-2006 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Hi all

At the Weekend I was standing in our conservatory , and heard bees looked up And its seems just above the conservatory under the gutters , some bees seem to have made a home for themselves, .

What can i do? as much as i dont mind them . Im concerned about the Size of the nest ( havnt got up on a ladder yet) but the Seems to be a lot of activity going on..

Is there a Way of getting Rid of them.? a product or ? I dont want them getting into my attic So.

any help Would be great.,

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭EWheelChair

Look up someone in the golden pages, can be dodgey dealing with this sort of thing yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

If you sure they are bees and not wasps contact

The Federation of Irish Beekeepers, c/o of their Secretary, Michael Gleeson, Ballinakill, Enfield, Co Meath. Tel. 046-9541433.

for advice.

Their website is presently under construction

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I'd leave it alone, they'll all be dead now soon. When they die put the hive in the bin. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

I had yellow and black insects under my gutter before - they were wasps not bees.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

I'd leave it alone, they'll all be dead now soon. When they die put the hive in the bin.

mmhhh not sure about that, you might find the problem has inceased by next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Mitzy

Had a similar problem a couple of years ago. You will have to get the professionals out. Way to risky to do it yourself particularly at this time of the year while they are dying off. Apparently they can turn on you (or worse still, your neighbours!)

Advertisement