Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 on my Voda phone

• 02-10-2006 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭

So I got my Nokia N91, an unlocked Vodafone mobile which works grand with my o2 sim. The problem is I cant access any of the Voda facilities like Live etc (obviously) as I'm on O2. Also there is no phone support for the N91 from the O2 website.

I'm wondering will I just change to Vodafone. I really want to access all of their facilities through Live for video downloads etc. Will I, won't I?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

YeAh! wrote:
    So I got my Nokia N91, an unlocked Vodafone mobile which works grand with my o2 sim. The problem is I cant access any of the Voda facilities like Live etc (obviously) as I'm on O2. Also there is no phone support for the N91 from the O2 website.

I'm wondering will I just change to Vodafone. I really want to access all of their facilities through Live for video downloads etc. Will I, won't I?
    If that is your only consideration then change over.

If it's not and cost, coverage or other factors are also important then no one here can really answer as it really depends upon factors that you've not shared with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

Vodafone Live is only available to Vodafone customers, so you won't be able to get it using an O2 sim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Vodafone Live is only available to Vodafone customers, so you won't be able to get it using an O2 sim.
    He's aware of this.

If it's online content you want then go back to Vodafone. O2 Active leaves a lot to be desired imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭YeAh!

Yeah i'm thinking I will. Even though ppl i've been talking are all saying Voda are very expensive. Is Live expensive? Spose it depends on how much I download

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Vodafone is very expensive. But if you want the contact you don't have a choice unfortuntily (3 is not a choice!! They'll just lock you in a walled garden and generally **** you about from what I hear ...)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

if it's an unlocked phone have a vodafone sim and an o2 sim sure.

you'll find various networks like you to have their firmware installed on your phone in order to make full use of their services

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭YeAh!

Tree wrote:
    if it's an unlocked phone have a vodafone sim and an o2 sim sure.

you'll find various networks like you to have their firmware installed on your phone in order to make full use of their services
    Thats not a bad idea! Use the Voda sim to download stuff and O2 sim for normal use. Btw, is there a network charge to leave o2 if I did?

Advertisement